PDA

View Full Version : Jd Rx75 Wont Start

Rickey
07-18-2007, 09:17 AM
I have a JD RX75 with a Kaw. 9 hp motor its getting fire but wont start. I have replaced the igniter and it did run for about 5 minutes. When I shut it off it hasn't ran since. Any help i can get would be greatful

khouse
07-18-2007, 09:40 AM
Flywheel key?

Beaterman
07-19-2007, 08:43 AM
Couple quick thoughts....Got a fuel shut-off solenoid on carb bowl? If so, be sure its working. Ignitors need a REALLY good clean ground connection.

Rickey
07-19-2007, 12:04 PM
Hey thanks for all the replys, I have checked flywheel key and its alright not broken and no signs of slipping, I dont think this model of JD has a fuel shut off solenoid but I'll check, I'm wondering if it isnt one of the many safety switches this model has that has gone bad or the fuse relay.

Rickey
07-19-2007, 01:06 PM
does anyone know of a website that I can download a repair manual for this mower I tried JD and got the parts catalog, been usig it to find switches.
Thanks,
Rickey

LindblomRJ
07-19-2007, 06:09 PM
When was the last time the carb was cleaned out? On my RX-95 some carb cleaner seemed to do the trick. By fire I am assuming it has spark? If thats the case the ignition would not be the problem. Or any of the safety switches. (right?)

Rickey
07-20-2007, 12:18 AM
It did have spark, now it has spark when it wants too, sometimes I'll get spark sometimes I wont, I have changed the igniter thats when it started running, when i shut it off the same problem started all over again. I have changed the fuel filter but not cleaned the carb, put a new ignition switch in it, It sat for along time my Dad gave this mower because he couldn't get it running. I'm about ready to just change all the switches,pto, neutral safety, the relay igniter(again) and rectifier hopefully that will solve the problem

LindblomRJ
07-20-2007, 02:00 AM
Start tracing safety switches. If I remember right the switch on the gear shift had to be "jiggled" just right in order for everything to work, crank, spark or anything.

Rickey
07-20-2007, 09:00 AM
the seat safety switch I bypassed it, thinking about doing the same on the neutral safety, does the PTO switch also interupt fire as well on this model? I know this mower is old and all the connecters I have taken apart needed cleaning I know JD parts are kinda expensive do these parts interchange with any other brand ie. igniter, PTO , neutral safety I did research past threads and found a workshop manual for the FC290V and its been a big help so far thanks folks.
Rickey

LindblomRJ
07-20-2007, 10:27 AM
There used be information on the RX tractors on the Deere.com website. It had diagrams of discontinued mowers.