PDA

View Full Version : got hit in the eye with a rock

ronslawncare
09-01-2001, 11:16 AM
yesterday i was edgeing with no glasses on because my glasses had to many scratches on it to see out of it .i figured if i make it through the day ill go out and bye to more new pairs today .well i got hit in the eye plus there was dirt particles in there my girlfriend cleaned out my eye because it was tearing so bad for like 6 hours and luckily it just was dirt the rock scratch it but today a little pain but im fine .i already bought my glasses plus some new echo crossfire trimmer dont forget to were the proper safety were ronnie

ronslawncare
09-01-2001, 11:19 AM
i wrote that post so fast i sound like im retarted anyways you got the point were headphones and eye wear

awm
09-01-2001, 05:13 PM
absolutely. i wouldnt go a day of trimming without safty glasses for a thousand bucks. fact. aint got but 2 eyes

Guido
09-01-2001, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by ronslawncare
i got hit in the eye plus there was dirt particles in there

Ouch??

Lesson Learned? If it was, it was worth it and feel lucky thats all that happened!

No one learns until it happens to them. I'm the same way. Sometimes it wears off, and then you get taught another lesson.

Think Safety!!

KirbysLawn
09-01-2001, 06:31 PM
I think we all may find ourselves in a situation like your and get hit. I always wear safety glasses, almost. I had left mine a a customers home and was miles from there doing another yard, not having my enclosed trailer I had no spares. Well, while trimming a small white rock hit me right in the eye. :cry: Lesson learned.

lawnboy11
09-01-2001, 06:39 PM
It's ******ed not retarted you re...........

rdh
09-01-2001, 10:10 PM
i have learned my lesson the same way. i had even got hit in the eye from having the dischage shoot pointed at a clothes line pole .a rock hit the pole and then hit me in the eye while on the mower.

fivestarlawnken
09-01-2001, 10:35 PM
It's amazing seing some people out everyday mowing etc in tennis shoes,no ear or eye protetion. It baffels me,usually with ears and eyes you only have one chance.Couple of months ago on campus i saw a kik cutting a new concrete curb line with NO GLASSES OR EAR PROTECTION!!!!!!! I just shook my head in disblief.SAFETY IS WORTH THE 10 OR 20 DOLLARS YOU INVEST IN IT...:angel:

SLS
09-02-2001, 12:34 AM
It's a fact:

You just can't be too "safety concious" while doing lawn maintanance!

Just check out my trimming protection:

http://members.aol.com/hifiparty/lawnknight.gif

OSHA would be proud! :D

Davis TLC
09-02-2001, 12:54 AM
I always wear my safety glasses and hearing protection. This is a first for me though, 2 weeks ago I was trimming after mowing, and a piece of crabgrass stem flew up and went right up my nose. Boy did that sucker sting, later after I got home I had the mother of all nose bleeds on the side where the stem hit. I guess I'll have to get nose protection now.

Eric ELM
09-02-2001, 12:55 AM
Ear plugs will work for the nose Rich. :D

Evrgreen
09-02-2001, 02:02 AM
I think those bike motorcross goggle/mouthguard things could be nice to work with.Using a strap instead of an earpiece behind my ears and they wouldent hurt so much after beong clamped underneath the earmuffs and safty type sunglasses.
Those goggles are at least padded so they don't cut into your face like the reat always do!

Island Lawn
09-02-2001, 02:30 AM
Lesson learned!
Right?

While trimming/edging, I'm always looking down (of course).
I sweat like a pig and my safety galsses can sometimes get a bit blurry from the developing pool of SWEAT.

No injuries.
But the results are the same.
Blind man edging.

"But I thought you wanted a fresh, crisp edge...
through the middle of your dog/car/house..."

:cool:
Me and my safety glasses

awm
09-02-2001, 03:06 AM
davis, if you decide to use the earplugs on your nose be sure and take a pic for lawnsite. you know do an evaluation an all.:D

ronslawncare
09-02-2001, 11:35 AM
also dont forget to keep your mouth closed rocks can chip your teeth i always get hit in the mouth at least once a day.still got all my pearlys

jeffyr
09-02-2001, 03:50 PM
The ear plugs in the nose is funny. I got stung by a zinger the other day in my nose. It made mt eyes tear worse than getting hit in the eye itself.

I caught a chunk of mulch in the eye edging a bed last year--instant red blotch that lasted about 2 weeks. I should have been wearing glasses.:(