PDA

View Full Version : Weather update

Fieldman12
07-18-2007, 09:00 PM
A while back we where talking about the weather in each others area. At the time it was pretty bad around here. Since then we have got about an inch of rain at least every week. The corn is a good 10' tall now and starting to put on ears. The beans are looking pretty good so far also. How is the weather in all of your areas? The new barn is scheduled to be built the middle of next month. Been doing a good bit of loader work. Starting to look for outside work now. This new barn being built and my girlfriend having an operation out of the clear blue has kind of put me behind where I want to be but then again Im getting some needed experience and stuff done that need too anyway.

crab
07-18-2007, 09:47 PM
just started raining today when i finished,thank god .as for corn well you saw my hole, nothing grows in there.

SiteSolutions
07-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Huntsville / North Alabama has finally gotten a few inches of rain in the last couple weeks, so much last week that I only got a couple half days worth of work. I am hoping it will start raining only on Saturdays.
The corn is 8 or 9 feet tall in my back yard. The grass needs cutting again. We're still 15 inches or so short on rain for the year but it looks like everybody's cotton & corn fields are greening up nicely.

YellowDogSVC
07-18-2007, 11:26 PM
Still raining in S. central Texas.
Year to date: 33 inches
Normal rainfall in a year about 37 inches
Last year Jan-Dec.'06 23.4 inches.
It's wet, wet, wet.

RockSet N' Grade
07-19-2007, 12:11 AM
Today was 106 degrees. It is hot, hot, hot!! We are breaking heat records almost daily. Our snow pack is gone ( which we depend on for secondary water and irrigation of all our fields down here in the valley). Dryest year here in 30 plus years. We used to drink soft drinks during the day.........not anymore........it's just consuming large quantities of H2O. Working 6 days a week here or as much as we can stand in the heat. Lots of story's going around about guys getting heat stroke. West Nile Virus is here being carried by the mosquitoes and it is starting to be on the news every two or three days. I want to Kiss the guy who thought of/installed air conditioning units in homes and vehicles........without that we would be more than miserable. Mother Nature is sure showing signs that she is starting to get really fed up with us taking with no giving back.......

Fieldman12
07-19-2007, 07:05 PM
We just got 8 tenths of an inch today not counting what we got last night. It does not sound like much has changed in most of your areas.

dozerman21
07-19-2007, 09:08 PM
We've had weather similar to yours after the mini drought. The crops are looking descent, especially compared to this time last month. Ground's still hard as hell though. It's supposed to be 80 and dry all weekend with low humidity!:clapping: Time to fire up the grill, get the golf clubs out, and do some :drinkup: .

SouthernYankee
07-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Still raining in S. central Texas.
Year to date: 33 inches
Normal rainfall in a year about 37 inches
Last year Jan-Dec.'06 23.4 inches.
It's wet, wet, wet.

You aint lying Brotha, Houston is drowning!!!

smalley360
07-19-2007, 11:01 PM
It's snowing here as always in Hawaii. Yah right! Usual mid 70's but a hurricane is moving in, I think it will miss us though.

Scag48
07-20-2007, 12:00 AM
Rained pretty good yesterday, made the site a sticky mess. Clay when wet is impossible to do anything with. I was running a hoepac all day and that was time consuming, clay would stick to the plate and the bottom of my boots. You'd walk 10 feet across the site and you'd be 3 inches taller. Today, on the other hand, wind blew at least 10 MPH all day, dried everything right out. Back to dust!