PDA

View Full Version : Finding Steel edging

avjohnson
07-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Are there any good sources of nice, strong steel edging? I love the stuff that you can edge beds with or put along stone driveways and it's so strong it can withstand lots of abuse. I've looked for it in my area, but no one seems to know where to get it. Does anyone have any good sources that would ship it to Massachusetts? Thanks for any help!

grandview (2006)
07-19-2007, 04:29 PM
This?

http://www.jdrussellco.com/DURAEDGE/duraedge.htm

avjohnson
07-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Yep. Great stuff...Do you know if that is a reputable company?

grandview (2006)
07-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Sorry no info on them, maybe someone else will know.

gammon landscaping
07-19-2007, 11:48 PM
john deere carries it here

Oasis-Outdoor
07-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Check your area for "steel suppliers". Inquire if they carry flat stock. I buy it here in 20' lengths. I then lay it out at home and apply metal primer, since it is raw steel (to prevent rusting). I will try to find an old receipt and post what gauge of metal I buy. I just use a reddish brown metal primer on it, but you can paint over that.....green, or whatever you desire. The heavier gauge metal does require a bit of wrestling and bending to get it into landscape type curves. It holds up soooo much better than the flimsy stuff you get in the home improvement stores! you have to dig a bit of a trench to install it. I overlap the joints when intalling it and screw the sections together with self tapping sheet metal screws. I have seen cars drive over the top of this stuff adjacent to a parking lot and it didn't bend. It is tricky installing it on a grade. The trick is to terminate the piece where a grade changes and splice in another piece. If you try to install an entire 20' stick on a grade each end will want to rock up out of the ground while you are trying to install it. The solution is to use a series of shorter pieces. Hope this helps.

zedosix
07-20-2007, 12:30 PM
http://www.brickstopcorporation.com/

These guys make a good product. I personally used it for years and was very happy with their product. I will probably start using it again since snapedge lessened the quality of their product.