PDA

View Full Version : Over the tire tracks

NEUSWEDE
07-19-2007, 09:15 PM
I have a Gehl 5640 and have been looking into over the tire tracks and just wanted input from people who have them. I will be using them off pavement only for landscaping. I am looking at a set of all steel as opposed to the ones with rubber pads because of the 2k difference in price.

Any pictures or input? I guess I want to avoid buying the wrong product or info so as to not ruin the tires.

Thanks

ksss
07-20-2007, 02:31 AM
I have a set of Loegren Trail Blazers. They work well, a lot of floatation in them. I did chew up several tires doing some radical side hilling. However it was an extreme slope. You may want to try going to a larger floation tire. I bought a set and they work great. They would get you around like tracks but they are very effective without having to worry about asphalt or concrete.

zedosix
07-20-2007, 02:16 PM
I have a Gehl 5640 and have been looking into over the tire tracks and just wanted input from people who have them. I will be using them off pavement only for landscaping. I am looking at a set of all steel as opposed to the ones with rubber pads because of the 2k difference in price.

Any pictures or input? I guess I want to avoid buying the wrong product or info so as to not ruin the tires.

Thanks

How are you liking your gehl?

NEUSWEDE
07-20-2007, 10:02 PM
How are you liking your gehl?

It is the best it does exactly what I need it to do, unload pallets of stone and set them next to where I am working, I have unloaded a truck of sod when they didn't have a spyder for deliver, sweeping my lots it works great. I am really glad I went with Gehl. I really wish I had ordered the power tach and the radio. But the power it has is insane and the 2 speed are the best.

I guess I need a Kubota Mini X to keep up with you. It is needed but holding off till next year.

bobbyg18
07-21-2007, 01:44 AM
i have a pair of mclaren ott...rubber...ive had them for 3-4 months now...ive taken them off 2-3 times and have had to put them right back on... ive kept them on this summer...probably should take them off...but its kind of a pita taking on/off...but after a few times it gets easier...they are chewed up pretty good- but still havent replaced any pads...i may have to soon, have around 200 hours on them...theyve allowed me to work a lot more in slooppy/muddy conditions...havent been stuck since and can climb steeper hills...pd the extra cash for the soft pads bc i do a lot of work in/around/over hard surfaces- driveways/sidewalks etc...overall thumbs up for the rubber pads

TazLandscapes
07-21-2007, 06:49 PM
Hey Neuswede i was wondering where do you get your sod at ??
I got to do a job in a couple of weeks and was having trouble finding a sod dealer for maine.

Thanks
Mike

NEUSWEDE
07-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Hey Neuswede i was wondering where do you get your sod at ??
I got to do a job in a couple of weeks and was having trouble finding a sod dealer for maine.

Thanks
Mike

Mike,

I got it from Greenthumb farms in Fryeburg. I got it at a really good price delivered and the quality was better than any I have used in the past. They are the same people who farm the Potatoes for the Cold River Vodka (high end Potato vodka) which is really good.
http://www.greenthumbfarms.com/
They have spyders for delivery but my skid is a bit easier and faster so I usually just use that.
They do the big rolls too.

TazLandscapes
07-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Thanks alot neuswede for the info.i think i have driven past there a few times.
were you driving the F-350 through westbrook on main street on the 30th of june.If so i think you were following me i had the black thule enclosed trailer.

Mike

NEUSWEDE
07-21-2007, 11:01 PM
Thanks alot neuswede for the info.i think i have driven past there a few times.
were you driving the F-350 through westbrook on main street on the 30th of june.If so i think you were following me i had the black thule enclosed trailer.

Mike

Yea I thought that was you. Is that a mow trailer?

TazLandscapes
07-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Basically yes it is all my lawn mowing equipment is in it.Its 6.5' wide x12'ft long xwith 3'ft vee..its very nice it doesnt even feel like im towing it because its all aluminum i got it at 202 trailer sales in buxton for $6500.00 out the door. I wanted around 14ft long trailer to replace my worn out 16ft open trailer but this is all i could get.just waiting for my racks to get in.Next time you see me on the road pull up or honk at me ill let you take a look at it.
throw me a pm and ill give ya my number if you want

Mike