PDA

View Full Version : Should I remove the deck to replace all pulleys

kippert
07-20-2007, 03:53 PM
I have a Hustler 23hp w/ 60" deck that is about 7 years old with about 400 hrs. on it......I have never changed the belts or any of the pulleys...but one of them finally wore out yesterday.....my question is ...is it easier to take the deck off to replace all pulleys and belt at once..or try to get to them from the top....what other "part" maintenance would you guys recommend that I change out at this point.........thank you....kt

Accu-cut Lawn Care
07-20-2007, 04:05 PM
No way should you take off the deck; unless you're refurbishing the whole thing. Changing pulleys is simple.

John Gamba
07-20-2007, 04:24 PM
I have a Hustler 23hp w/ 60" deck that is about 7 years old with about 400 hrs. on it......I have never changed the belts or any of the pulleys...but one of them finally wore out yesterday.....my question is ...is it easier to take the deck off to replace all pulleys and belt at once..or try to get to them from the top....what other "part" maintenance would you guys recommend that I change out at this point.........thank you....kt

See if theres enough room with the deck at its lowest point. if not just unbolt the front mounts and jack up the front.