PDA

View Full Version : Front Tire question

Casey 16
07-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Hey guys, while i was mowing with my Lazer Z, the front left tire came off of the white rim. i brought it back into the shop and had a closer look at it and i cant seem to get the rubber back again the rim anyone have any ideas is it broke to where i need to get a new one or is it fixable?

ed2hess
07-21-2007, 02:36 PM
Need a compressor to get it back on.....put a piece of rope around the middle of the tire and tie a knot. Then take a screwdriver and wind up the rope until it forces the tire close to rim bead....usually need to beat on tire a little to get it close to bead. Then with a good air sounce air it up.....put slime in it if you get it back on.

P.Services
07-21-2007, 05:27 PM
if it is a tubeless tire clip the air chuck on so its blowing air in and then give it a 3 second shot of starting fluid and light it with a lighter, works like a charm just dont give it to much either. you wont get hurt dont worry

carcrz
07-21-2007, 06:54 PM
what? That's the first time I've heard that one. How do you get the fluid in there & then light it?

DiyDave
07-21-2007, 08:09 PM
If you can get ether (starting fluid) without the upper end lubricant, it works better for this purpose, as it lights off faster. As to how to light it- anything that gets your face far enough away so that your friends don't give you a new nickname is good. In the past I have used a bar-b-q lighter or a self lighting propane torch. I have given up this method, since I made a homemade Bead -Cheater tool, as the bead cheater tool is a lot safer. To see what this tool looks like, google Bead - Cheater, I know that Gemplers and Northern both sell it.:waving: :waving:

cgaengineer
07-21-2007, 10:58 PM
A ratcheting tie strap around tire works good as well. I wouldnt try the ether unless you are familiar with the process even though its highly unlikely that small tire would blow off the wheel and kill you...maybe just cripple.

P.Services
07-22-2007, 02:47 PM
just set the tire on the ground and push it off the rim more on one side give it a squirt then leave it standing up (this is all done with air blowing in it) and then i squirt a trail of either across the side of the tire and across the floor about 2 feet or so then light the trail. when you light it it will raise up the trail into the tire and ignite this will cause rapid expansion inside the tire and blow it back onto the rim. now if you dont have the air chuck blowing air into the tire it will loose its pressure and pop back off but if you do the air compressor will continue to blow it up and your set. just dont get crazy and shoot half the can in the tire start small and add a little more the next time if you need to, also this dose not work well on tires that have been plugged it can blow out the plug if you just put it in and its not dry enough. just for future reference the weight has to be off the tire so it can expand so jack up that side of the mower or truck you may use it on in the future.

nmurph
07-23-2007, 09:05 AM
use the stick and rope or the ratchet strap method. they are simple and very effective and have positively zero risk of sending you to the ER.

John Stiles
07-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Hey guys, while i was mowing with my Lazer Z, the front left tire came off of the white rim. i brought it back into the shop and had a closer look at it and i cant seem to get the rubber back again the rim anyone have any ideas is it broke to where i need to get a new one or is it fixable?

I've had that problem a bunch....the last time, I put about 2 ounces 0f anti-freeze in throught the crack, then took a rope with a noose on one end and looped it around the tire and cinched it up, then with a gadget I made outta a piece of air hose with chuck and the female end of a garden hose I filled it up with water. No more problems, and now all my tires have water in them! Feels real good on a side slope...to not have to worry about turning over...the extra weight in my tires gives super traction too!~TMHO~john:drinkup:>>>>water doesn't leak as easy as air!