PDA

View Full Version : Cargo Vans

Flow Control
07-22-2007, 10:56 AM
Trying to heavily weigh the pro's and con's of buying a domestically made van vs. a Sprinter. Do any of you run a Sprinter and if so what is your average MPG that you are seeing. And any of you that run an E series or Express van what type of MPG's are you seeing. Also if you could list any rants or raves it would be appreciated.

Az Gardener
12-17-2007, 12:13 PM
This is a mature thread but I was also wondering about the Sprinters? I used the search feature and didn't come up with any threads with Sprinter in the title. These vehicles got very good reviews and have a diesel option and mileage in the low to mid 20's. Did you find out anything elsewhere Bill? Did you buy one

I am considering one for the family. Tough to find an 8+ seater that gets any kind of mileage. Except for the Honda's and Toyota's and if I am going to drop 30-K or more for a vehicle I want a diesel.

South Florida Lawns
12-17-2007, 08:25 PM
What do you plan to use them for? hauling work crews? Or as a maintenance vehicle?

Az Gardener
12-17-2007, 08:37 PM
I am looking for a family vehicle. I have heard the Sprinter can come as a regular van with seats windows and the like. We need to seat at least 6 and 8 or more would be good, we also like to tow our toys. Don't like taking two vehicles on trips which we do 2-3 times a month in the summer. I like the diesels now that I have one I want more.

CFLS
12-17-2007, 08:54 PM
The pastor at my church had a sprinter and loved it. The Mercedes diesel was reliable and got great fuel mileage. That's a BIG passenger van and always got over 20mpg. It probably gets double the mileage of the domestics. Not a lot of power but I think it would pull 3000 or 4000lbs without too much issue. If you're worried about reliability and fuel economy, just look around at what UPS and Fed-Ex are using.

TXNSLighting
12-17-2007, 09:23 PM
why in the hell do you want a van?! unless its a company vehicle, thats just weird. excursion with the powerstroke is the best option. (i know they dont make em anymore) and the suburban will be gettin the duramax before long. also expedition is getting a 4.5l powerstroke. theres your choices.

South Florida Lawns
12-20-2007, 09:17 PM
why in the hell do you want a van?! unless its a company vehicle, thats just weird.

Hahah I like that, its so true!

cutbetterthanyou
12-20-2007, 10:16 PM
why in the hell do you want a van?! unless its a company vehicle, thats just weird. excursion with the powerstroke is the best option. (i know they dont make em anymore) and the suburban will be gettin the duramax before long. also expedition is getting a 4.5l powerstroke. theres your choices.

Are they going to make a d max tahoe too if so that is the perfert solution for my wife. If so what year and is it a normal d max or a smaller one