PDA

View Full Version : Honda HRX

jeffchis
07-22-2007, 01:12 PM
I have a 2yr old honda HRX mower that the spark plug is turning black within minutes of me cleaning it off. It runs horribly and I have changed the oil, spark plug and gas. It seems to be burning tons of fuel at a rapid pace and it also is very sluggish and the self propel seems to be much much slower then it was when I purchased this thing. This mower has not lived up to what it is supposed to be. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this thing would be great.

slicksilverado01
08-05-2007, 03:16 PM
I have a 2yr old honda HRX mower that the spark plug is turning black within minutes of me cleaning it off. It runs horribly and I have changed the oil, spark plug and gas. It seems to be burning tons of fuel at a rapid pace and it also is very sluggish and the self propel seems to be much much slower then it was when I purchased this thing. This mower has not lived up to what it is supposed to be. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this thing would be great.

did you check the air filter? sounds to me like a carb prob? and the self propel may need the cable adjusted. or the belt needs replaced. nothing will live up to what its suppose to be without proper maintanice.

rogerwb
08-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Dirt in the carb. I had the same issue. Dirt got past the air cleaner.

Grass Happens
08-14-2007, 01:03 PM
Dirt in the carb. I had the same issue. Dirt got past the air cleaner.

Actually dirt probably came from the fuel. Check the belt tension for the SP. These are normally great mowers.

KGR landscapeing
11-12-2007, 11:58 AM
we went through 3 trannys with one that was some time ago havent had that issue with the newer ones. and with the sparkplug issue usally when u get excess carbon its because ur fuel airmix is wrong so check ur carb and airfilter