PDA

View Full Version : Hedge trimmers for larger jobs

hossmp
07-22-2007, 10:58 PM
I posted a few questions last week about hedge trimmers. I did a fairly large trimming job last weekend and all I had was a old tired chainsaw type. Well after doing the job I was asked to come back and finish the rest of the property and over the week I was also asked to do two more. I raised my price from 75hr, giving them a approx. amount of time, up to 85. The 85 will be for basic trimming I am sure people will come up with all sorts of requests.

Anyhow, I picked up a pair of redmax 2401 trimmers with the adjustable rear handle, then I also have the Sindaiwa multitool 2501, I picked up the articulated extended and the short trimmers. I used these all yesterday. I was very impressed. I would highly recomend the shindaiwa trimmers to anyone. I really liked the short ones. They have no shaft so the total unit is very short relative to standard articuated trimmers. I couldnt believe it but I found myself using these 75% of the time. I also cant say enough about the blades on the shindaiwas. They cut very smooth. They also seem to be very durable. My back is not killing me this week like last week.