PDA

View Full Version : Stihl Cultivator

CustomKare
07-22-2007, 11:20 PM
Just bought a Stihl Cultivator today. Originally wanted the Mantis but the store no longer had them. Glad I found the Stihl anyway. It's a great little work horse. I got it to do bed edging. Anyone had experience using these as bed edgers? I did mine at home tonight and it was SOOO Easy.

Focal Point Landscapes
07-23-2007, 12:48 AM
We don't use it for bed edging , but its great for tilling tight areas where the larger equipment won't fit - amazingly powerful machine - we rarely use a full size tiller anymore .

bare spot
07-25-2007, 01:21 AM
Just bought a Stihl Cultivator today. Originally wanted the Mantis but the store no longer had them. Glad I found the Stihl anyway. It's a great little work horse. I got it to do bed edging. Anyone had experience using these as bed edgers? I did mine at home tonight and it was SOOO Easy.
would that be the yard boss or trimmer for switching out attachments? got the fs110 that switches out.

PSUturf
07-29-2007, 04:11 PM
I have an FS85 with tiller attachment. After a few minutes of running it the tiller shaft always slides out of the coupler no matter how hard I tighten it. (I even broke the big plastic knob tightening it down) Does anybody else have this problem?

LarryF
04-22-2010, 01:47 PM
This thread has been inactive for about 2 1/2 years, but I went looking for it because I was interested in a Mantis tiller but saw the Stihl cultivator next to the Mantis in a local store. The Stihl is only about $30 more but it looks like it's a lot more rugged as well as better designed and manufactured. It's also a 27cc rather than a 22cc engine, and Stihl's excellent reputation seems like a strong plus as well. Anyone have any experience with both? I'd appreciate any comments you could provide.

Brad Ent
04-22-2010, 02:01 PM
We inherited a Mantis from a family member and my initial thought was this thing is a toy.
However, we found it to be a pretty handy tool for roughing up beds, edging, etc.
Plenty of power and great multi use tool.
We haven't used the Stihl tiller.