PDA

View Full Version : Dressing up a sidewalk

IN2MOWN
07-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Let me preface this by saying I dont do hardscapes.

Im looking for some idea for my own house. I have a sidewalk leading from some steps coming off a patio down to a deck. Its about 30 feet long and 4 feet wide.

I dont want to tear it out so I was wondering if I could use it as a base for pavers or tile it.

Anyone have some ideas as to what I could do?

neighborguy
07-24-2007, 12:34 PM
hire someone to do it right.

IN2MOWN
07-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Maybe you should tell your customers that.

Thanks for the help.

Turf Professionals Inc.
07-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Hey neighborguy, he is asking for advice! That is what this site is for! If you do not like people asking for advice, go annoy someone else on a different forum site!

As for the original question.....I do not do hardscapes either. Wish I could help.

PerfiCut L&L
07-24-2007, 09:01 PM
Its difficult to say without seeing what you have. However, you could lay pavers directly over it if you wanted. (Not recomended not many) but you could.

Tearing it up would be ideal. A few hours with a sledge and it will come up fairly easy. Not to mention, afterwards you now have 2/3 of your prep dugout for you. Finish the dig, install the base and lay your pavers.

If you wanted a granite, or slab type walkway, you could mortar them directly to your current sidewalk.

If you can post some pics that would probably inspire more responses with perhaps a little more helpful advise. Good Luck.

tthomass
07-24-2007, 10:54 PM
yup, pics......if you over lay you will need to demo say the last 10' or you will be too high at the end.......if its an issue, I don't know, can't see.