PDA

View Full Version : Walker Blower Housing

Dotens
07-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Just wonderng if anyone has tried to retro fit the new 10.5 inch blower to the old 10 inch one. My dealer says its possiible but there is a ton of things that need to be done to do it. Is it worth it?? About 200.00 more in just parts. Should I be looking at the case hardend blower. I have a lot of sandy lawns. I just noticed that I have two slits in the housing and the fins don't look too good. I have 575 hrs on the walker. Was this a good lifespan for the blower?? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Dotens
07-23-2007, 06:59 PM
any help would be great

gene gls
07-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Just wonderng if anyone has tried to retro fit the new 10.5 inch blower to the old 10 inch one. My dealer says its possiible but there is a ton of things that need to be done to do it. Is it worth it?? About 200.00 more in just parts. Should I be looking at the case hardend blower. I have a lot of sandy lawns. I just noticed that I have two slits in the housing and the fins don't look too good. I have 575 hrs on the walker. Was this a good lifespan for the blower?? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Yes, that is adverage hours for my blower also. I had my 1996 Walker up graded to the 10.5 blower. There is a big differance, seldem cloggs anymore, packs the hopper tighter with more clippings. I would recomend it.

Dotens
07-23-2007, 08:55 PM
thanks for the imput. How much was it to upgrade? I'm thinking of having my local walker dealer install it. Was it any better in wet grass? thanks again

gene gls
07-23-2007, 09:00 PM
thanks for the imput. How much was it to upgrade? I'm thinking of having my local walker dealer install it. Was it any better in wet grass? thanks again

Don't remember what the cost was but I think it was around $600.00. It makes a big differance in wet grass. Thats why I got it, you also have to have the large hole screen in the hopper for grass.

Dotens
07-23-2007, 09:16 PM
thanks gene I think I will upgrade to the 10.5. I want to say it was like around 600 just for parts here in NH. I can only imagine how much it will be for labor. Do they make the case hardened blower in 10.5?

fixer67
07-23-2007, 10:31 PM
The new 10.5 blower is not one piece like the 10 is. You can replace the side when it does ware out without replacing the whole blower. See the copy of the IPL for it below

gene gls
07-24-2007, 08:13 AM
thanks gene I think I will upgrade to the 10.5. I want to say it was like around 600 just for parts here in NH. I can only imagine how much it will be for labor. Do they make the case hardened blower in 10.5?

No case hardened, yet. I had a bunch of work done on my Walker when they did the up-grade so I don't know the labor charge.