PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone

cat2
07-24-2007, 06:03 PM
HI. Just wonder if anyone ever put dual chrome stacks on a john deere skid steer. If not I need too. That would look badazz. I think. Is it just my skid or do the jd's really smoke when you start them up? I love that.:laugh:

RockSet N' Grade
07-24-2007, 06:11 PM
Cat2........why not "chip" the motor, chrome rims, sheep skin seat cover.......

cat2
07-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Cat2........why not "chip" the motor, chrome rims, sheep skin seat cover.......

Hay never thought of that:hammerhead: Good idea:rolleyes: Turn up the injector pump that will give you lots more smoke.:)

Dirt Digger2
07-24-2007, 06:26 PM
i've seen new john deeres from the factory that have chrome stacks

Fieldman12
07-24-2007, 06:45 PM
My Deere only smokes during reving up. Deere has the chrome stack as an option. I think it gives the machine a touch of class and a little pride in your machine. Never seen duals before.

cat2
07-24-2007, 07:12 PM
My Deere only smokes during reving up. Deere has the chrome stack as an option. I think it gives the machine a touch of class and a little pride in your machine. Never seen duals before.

Yes, I have the chrome stack on mine, and would never have another machine without it. It just looks so much better. My Deere smoke alot when you start it. Man in the winter you should see it. It smoke so bad and runs so rough you don't think it will stay running.

RockSet N' Grade
07-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Sheesh, you guys are killin' me.......now I walk by my equipment, even my dump truck and I'm thinkin' chrome this, chrome that, aluminum here..........glad the parts stores aren't open today........there wouldn't be a chrome do-dad left on the shelves.........If I was a rap star, I'd even think of chroming my teeth......

cat2
07-24-2007, 07:16 PM
Sheesh, you guys are killin' me.......now I walk by my equipment, even my dump truck and I'm thinkin' chrome this, chrome that, aluminum here..........glad the parts stores aren't open today........there wouldn't be a chrome do-dad left on the shelves.........If I was a rap star, I'd even think of chroming my teeth......

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dirt Digger2
07-24-2007, 07:44 PM

just dont be like some of the trucks that haul me stone...friggin guys know they are going to be going off road but they put those real low chrome bumpers on there trucks...then complain to me they can't dump in one area because they cant get back there without getting hung up and ripping their bumper off....i tell them after they dump not to come back...our company has a list of trucks/drivers not allowed on our jobs because they have those low bumpers

YellowDogSVC
07-25-2007, 11:59 PM
don't forget the fuzzy dice!

JPLTrucking
07-26-2007, 12:30 PM
And the chrome spinners on the rims... You will look like you are workin when your not. :laugh:

gammon landscaping
07-27-2007, 01:35 AM
come on guys it is a skid/ dump. keep them painted and greased, then go to work. i think it is bad enough that you guys ruin good trucks with all the crap on them

Fieldman12
07-27-2007, 09:06 AM
My new pickup is not near as fancy as my 99 Dodge Ram 4x4 Cummins. I wish I had bought a little sharper looking truck but it's nice enough I guess. I like the chrome stacks on equipment. Brings back memories of running a 2590 Case straight piped tractor. It was well lets just say loooouuudddd. Use to run a Deere 4450 straight piped also. They sounded good. I have a weak spot for sharp looking equipment. I would almost rather have that than power windows or an automatic transmission. Of course I do miss the five-speed in my truck. You cannot get a stick in a Duramax. I cant wait to see the Cat 590R combines roll across our fields next year with the 40' heads. They are mean looking.

RockSet N' Grade
07-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Gammon.....I read your post and really took it to heart. Instead of chroming my entire rig, I'm just gonna chrome one front tooth instead :). On a little more serious note ( not much though ), Gammon I am not a big chrome fan to begin with........I like really clean looking stock equipment. The only thing I have done to my dump truck is aluminum rims, but I am a stickler about washing, waxing and grease. We keep our equipment and trailers super clean and yes I wax my dump truck ( cab and dump box ). I am a fanatic about leaking hydraulic hoses and have none on any of my equipment......no oil leaks, no drips of any kind.......that's where all my money that I could have spent on chrome goes.........

tallrick
07-28-2007, 11:56 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oTG1t1g9mQo

Just customize your skid steer like this!

JPLTrucking
07-29-2007, 01:08 PM
That guy has waaaaaay to much time on his hands...