PDA

View Full Version : Private estate maintanence

mdlwn1
07-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Anyone out there maintain a very large property?

nobagger
07-24-2007, 09:44 PM
Probably a lot of us. We have a 3 acre estate and a few larger properties. Why?

mdlwn1
07-24-2007, 09:50 PM
I meant 30+ acres with a staff kinda thing. Just lookin to bump into someone doin the same thing as me.

carcrz
07-25-2007, 12:25 AM
25 acres. Mowing, chemicals, landscape maintenance. It is mostly mowing though. Only the house & entrance are landscaped on probably 5 acres of it.

Stillwater
07-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Yes 2 movie producers
1 extremely famous and current rock star
1 retired rocket scientist formerly on the shuttle program. Please dont ask me for names.

godzilla
07-26-2007, 06:56 PM
I used to do work for a few people where they had at least 1 full time maintenance man, the biggest crew ever was 7 people that were employed full time to do maintenance. I just did my thing, and they did theirs.

mdlwn1
07-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Was just lookin to touch base with someone in my shoes. I have a full time year round staff as well as tree and lawn service.

bayfish
07-29-2007, 11:57 PM
We maintain a 28 acre residence located on a river. Mowing, fertilizing twice per season, maintenance of beds, other general services such as tree pruning, clean ups etc... This is our third year.

Last year we had a 87 acre estate across the river, but it was sold and they hired a full time staff.

BlakeReeder
08-08-2007, 10:40 PM
I am walking in your shoes. I have two properties that are residential developments consisting of 25-30 acres each. I have four guys that maintain both properties weekly. We also have a landscape crew and tree crew, as well as two additional mowing crews. Talk about stress!!!!!!!!! Glad to know someone else has to deal with this as well

Stillwater
08-09-2007, 01:34 AM
I am walking in your shoes. I have two properties that are residential developments consisting of 25-30 acres each. I have four guys that maintain both properties weekly. We also have a landscape crew and tree crew, as well as two additional mowing crews. Talk about stress!!!!!!!!! Glad to know someone else has to deal with this as well

I can assure you with proper management and a appropriate business plan and even if you continue to grow and expand your service capacity, the stress can subside if you really want it to. speaking for myself only- for years and years I insisted and demanded 100% total control with every aspect, I needed to let go and I slowly learned how to do just that. I had no life until I mastered what I should stress about and what I should not stress about.