PDA

View Full Version : Tough Gloves

VO Landscape Design
07-25-2007, 05:48 PM
What are some good tough gloves to use. I would like something durable but not too bulky you can't grab things with. All the ones I have tried split at the seem on the fingers, then your fingers hangout and get tore up. I have seen some for "landscapers" but they are more ergonomically designed for comfort than toughness, at least in my eyes.
VO

forestfireguy
07-25-2007, 06:43 PM
I can't wear them due to an allergy but the gray ones dipped in blue latex last the longest for out crews, still seems like they don't last worth a crap, but they are the best we've tried yet.

IRRITECH
07-25-2007, 10:44 PM
Only pair I have had that lasted any time at all are the Ironclad Box Handlers.

Humble Earth Mover
07-26-2007, 08:14 PM
I think they have yet to make a pair of gloves that can hold up to working with CMU, mortar, pavers, etc. I use the Boss Atlas Fit with the dipped palms for most things. They fit snug and will make it through most jobs. They sell them in bulk at one of my suppliers, so I buy a bundle and toss them after each big job.

The worst is cutting in pavers all day on a wet tub saw. I used to wear PVC dipped gloves until they got soaked, then I'd usually go bare handed until I got those little nasty holes in my fingertips. (Don't they feel good in the shower!) Now, I find the best thing to do is to get athletic tape and tape just my finger tips. This works surprisingly well when working with a wet saw.

greg1
07-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Clothe sports tape wrapped on all of your finger tips for brick, block, caps etc.

It takes a knack of wrapping at first but it truly is the best way i've found.

ChampionLS
07-27-2007, 12:21 AM
www.wondergloves.com

I bought a case (144 pairs) about 8 years ago! and still have some left. They work great! Although, not for winter use.

PerfiCut L&L
07-27-2007, 08:43 AM
We have tried a hundred different pairs. Even the expensive ones and they just dont last.

We have decided to go with the cotton ones that have been dipped in latex. They durable enough to last a while, and cheap enoug to replace. The only problem is they retain sweat so they end up smelling terrible after a couple of good hot days.

VO Landscape Design
07-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the replies. I have been using the cheap leather ones ($2-3) they last a few jobs then start too tear open at the finger tips. They due tend to smell sweaty after a bit. I have seen the Ironclad Box Handlers before and wondered about them also the cloth ones dipped in latex.
Got to protect the digits!
Thanks
VO