RockSet N' Grade
07-26-2007, 08:29 AM
skid or excavator?

edeal
07-26-2007, 08:35 AM
tl130 skid

Dirt Digger2
07-26-2007, 04:46 PM
we just did it this winter...let all the grease out and use a digging bar to push in the front idler all the way...then use a forklift if you have one to take the old track off and put the new one on....do it with 2 guys, you'll end the job in a better mood then if you try and muscle it yourself...also how many hours does your have on it?...we replaced ours at 800

dozerman21
07-26-2007, 08:28 PM
we just did it this winter...let all the grease out and use a digging bar to push in the front idler all the way...then use a forklift if you have one to take the old track off and put the new one on....do it with 2 guys, you'll end the job in a better mood then if you try and muscle it yourself...also how many hours does your have on it?...we replaced ours at 800

How much did it cost to replace the tracks? Did you just do the tracks, or did you replace rollers, idlers, and sprockets too? Also, did you buy from the dealer or an aftermarket company?

DBL
07-26-2007, 08:57 PM
if you have a jack jack the back end up and put the bucket down to elevate the whole side or if not put a stump or rock under it and use the bucket to lift the side up and open the greese valve and let it all out to release the pressure get the back on and set up then pry and move forward the track and keep going until its on and then greese it all back up and keep going but it is a pain

turboawd
07-26-2007, 11:59 PM
i just seen my dealer changing out tracks. one guy doing it solo.
he would set the one side of the machine up on blocks, release the grease on front idler, and then use a forklift to lift and pull the track off. he tied a piece of chain to the fork carriage(which he would hook on to the old track with the other end of the chain), so as he lifted and backed out the old track, the chain would pull on the track.

edeal
07-27-2007, 12:00 AM
Thank you very much...It's as easy as can be... I'm not sure about the hours. I borrowed the machine from a friend and somehow the track seperated at the end and I feel responsible. Anyone with a used track, at least better than the one that was on it??

Thank you very much for the help...What a great site!

Dirt Digger2
07-27-2007, 06:17 PM
How much did it cost to replace the tracks? Did you just do the tracks, or did you replace rollers, idlers, and sprockets too? Also, did you buy from the dealer or an aftermarket company?

i believe my boss said he paid $1500 for both tracks...we only did the rubber tracks, everything else is fine as far as the idlers and such go, and we got them from our case/takeuchi/linkbelt dealer