PDA

View Full Version : Bedrug VS. Dualliner(not spray-on)

MacLawns
07-26-2007, 11:55 AM
Does anyone have one or the other, or both? I have decided that I want to use a drop-in bed liner, not spray on. I also want to know which has a better non-slip surface when wet.
I run a lawn service and snow plow. I had regular plastic drop-in in my old truck, and my new doesn't have one yet. in the winter I don't know how many times I slid and busted my ass when it was snowing and trying to lift an 80lb of salt. I need more than just a mat. I load/unload mulch gravel, and sand using a shovel. both bedrug and dualliner are close to the same price. any ideas? anyone?

MacLawns
07-29-2007, 05:05 PM
come on somebody must have some input. not everybody has spray-on liner, do you?

mike lane lawn care
07-29-2007, 06:11 PM
i am getting the bedrug to go overtop of my spray on bedliner. i know someone with it and they use it for hauling mulch and stone, and it still looks new. the reason i will be going with one is beacuse when the work week is over, the world of off roading and tailgate parties takes over. also a hard plastic liner will ruin the bed of your truck.

MacLawns
07-29-2007, 08:29 PM
thanks

How slippy is the bedrug when it is wet? better than plastic liner?
(slippy=slippery in pittsburgh):)

mike lane lawn care
07-29-2007, 09:14 PM
the bedrug that i saw, when put on right, doesn't slip around in the bed, and gave a lot better foot traction than the hard plastic ones, the plastic liner in my grandfathers ford is almost dangerous to be in when it's wet.

fiveoboy01
07-30-2007, 01:00 AM
My suggestion is to save the $ until you can afford a spray-in liner.

Drop-in liners suck, are slippery, and trap moisture and crap underneath leading to premature corrosion.

gavin478
07-30-2007, 01:18 AM
My GMC came with a duraliner in it. After a little use, the edges started to rub the paint off the rails, and the whole liner started to flex, as well as accumulate stuff under it that rubbed away the bottom of the bed. It was a little slippery, but I never had a problem. I went with a spray-on under rail with plastic bed caps, and I would never want to go back. Save the money, and your truck, get a spray on liner.

FyrFyt
07-30-2007, 01:43 AM
Agreed, I have a LineX spray on, over the rails. compared to drop ins I have owned, I will never use anything else but a spray on. And I am sure it does not hurt resale.

MacLawns
07-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Here are the reasons I do not want a spray on.

1. You are destroying the factory paint right off the bat.

2. spray-ons do not offer the kind of dent protection that a drop-in has.

3. no matter how thick you put it on, a sprayon will not stand up to a shovel over long term use.

4. a "good" spray-on will cost $200 more than a bedrug or dual-liner

Here are the reasons I want a bedrug or dual-liner over regular drop in bedliners

1. they both offer underside protection from paint ruboff.

2. they both offer superior traction wet and dry

3. they don't have the stupid ridges for material to get stuck in

here is why I will choose bed rug over dual-liner

1. bedrug is zipped together for superior seal to keep material on top of liner

2. bedrug tailgate mat is attached to rest of liner. this means no material stuck between tailgate and bed/bumper.

You may have your reasons for having a sprayon. I have done my research and I have my reasons for not getting a sprayon.

MacLawns
08-01-2007, 06:42 PM
thank you to all that left a reply. I kinda made up my mind after mike lane said that there was considerably better traction with the bedrug. and i have already listed the reasons why. I have ordered a bedrug for $315 with free shipping from autoanything.com
thanks