PDA

View Full Version : Hello, new here.

JPLTrucking
07-26-2007, 12:33 PM
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have recently started a skid steer service business and have learned alot already from what I have read on here. I am based out of Melrose, MA. I have been a member of Plowsite for a couple of years and now enjoy coming to this site. Best of luck for continues success to everyone.:)

dozerman21
07-26-2007, 05:05 PM
Welcome aboard!:drinkup:

RockSet N' Grade
07-26-2007, 06:28 PM
JPL...how is the economy out there? We have been red hot here......but there are signs that our economy may skid to a complete stop. I was just talking with chaps in San Diego and their comment was that it was "brutal" out there.

dozerman21
07-26-2007, 09:25 PM
JPL...how is the economy out there? We have been red hot here......but there are signs that our economy may skid to a complete stop. I was just talking with chaps in San Diego and their comment was that it was "brutal" out there.

It couldn't be that brutal in San Diego! If you live in certain parts of the country, you're not allowed to complain about anything.:) San Diego is on that list.:laugh:

BTW, it's been much slower than usual here. I've picked up more side jobs this year and I've stayed pretty busy, but the builders have been running about half-paced compared to the last 4 or 5 years. It's actually been kind of nice cutting back on the 13-15 hour days. When I only work 10-11 hour days, it feels like I'm getting off at lunchtime!:laugh: Hopefully things will stay busy enough through the year and turn around in '08.

Construct'O
07-26-2007, 09:32 PM

Red Hot !!!!!!!! You talking about work,weather,or your night life???:dancing:

Luke warm here as far as work goes!:confused:

Fieldman12
07-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Welcome, what brand of equipment you have and what type of work are you doing? Always interesting to know how different areas do things.

JPLTrucking
07-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Updated the sig with my equipment. Next time I gear up for ajob, I'll take a couple of pics. I am starting out part-time. Have a landscaper that is throwing me some work as well as a couple of jobs off craigslist.com. Blew it estimating on my last job, but live and learn. I didn't make as much as I should have. Hopefully if the work continues, I will trade up for a newer Bobcat and dump.