PDA

View Full Version : 99 F150 Battery Light

anj
07-26-2007, 07:47 PM
Before I Got To My First Site This Morning My Battery Light Came On. I Thought Maybe The Battery Was Going Dead Eventhough I Have Never Had That Light Come On Because Of A Dead Batt. We Made It Through The Day And On The Way Home On I-285 South All My Gauges Went Off. I Was In The Middle Lane And Had Enough Speed To Get Over To The Emegency Exit. I Called My Wife And Told Her To Go To The Auto Parts Store And Get Me A Batt. Long Story Short The Light Is Still On. When I Got Home I Got My Meter And Checked To See How Much The Alt. Was Putting Out. The Meter Only Read 12v. I Know It Should Be Higher. Is My Alt. Bad Or Is There Another Electrical Problem?

mike lane lawn care
07-26-2007, 07:59 PM
check the battery voltaage while the truck is running, it should be about 14V, if it isn't, then you have some electrical problem, maybe a faulty ground, or even coroded terminals will cause resistance in the alternator.

anj
07-26-2007, 08:11 PM
I DID CHECK IT WHILE IT WAS RUNNIG AND IT WAS ONLY 12V. Terminals Were Clean I Hope Its Nothing Major.

PROFESSORRAIN
07-26-2007, 08:35 PM
alt should put out 13.5 volts take it off and take it to advance auto or drive it if possible they will ck for free