PDA

View Full Version : Plate Compactor

qps
07-26-2007, 10:03 PM
What brand of compactor do some of you guys use, and has anyone ever heard of belle??? compactors...need to purchase one....walk behind type, not for the mini....

wanabe
07-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Have ran both Wacker and IR, and I would buy either. Just get one with Honda power!

P.Services
07-26-2007, 11:05 PM
do you have a home depot rental store in your area? if so you can get a deal on a used wacker with a honda when they turn the fleet over.

ksss
07-26-2007, 11:50 PM
I have a Vibramax and an IR both Honda power. I just put a new engine on the Vibramax. The original last 9 years. The IR is a comfortable plate to run. Seems to pack well maybe not quite as tight as the Vibramax

Scag48
07-27-2007, 02:58 AM
I rented a Belle last year, it was a larger reversible plate. Wasn't really impressed, I rented it thinking I could do larger lifts than our smaller Bomag but I don't think that was true. We like our Bomag just fine, packs real good in 4-5" lifts.

mrusk
07-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Wacker 3050a here. 6700lbs force. LOVE THE THING. I will never go back to use a 1550 size machine for base ever again. When you see a landscaper with a big compactor you know hes a serious hardscaper.

bobbyg18
07-27-2007, 09:42 PM
yeah...ive rented from home depot 4-5 times this year, and could have probably used the compactor on several other occasions...anyways almost time for me to buy one...i do smaller jobs- excavating for patios & walkways etc...

what should i look for...im thinking used....can i pick up a used one for around $1000...not sure of the hp/force or models to be looking at...any help out there?

JPLTrucking
07-27-2007, 10:01 PM
Bobby, We just picked one up off Craigslist for short money. Good investment. Hows business?

P.Services
07-27-2007, 10:09 PM
yeah...ive rented from home depot 4-5 times this year, and could have probably used the compactor on several other occasions...anyways almost time for me to buy one...i do smaller jobs- excavating for patios & walkways etc...

what should i look for...im thinking used....can i pick up a used one for around $1000...not sure of the hp/force or models to be looking at...any help out there?

home depot will sell you a machine out of their fleet i got my wacker for $600 and it had only been rented 30 times, after five years they sell them

bobbyg18
07-27-2007, 10:31 PM
yeah, i saw a few on craigslist...i actually have to rent one again next week...i may check out the home depots...that price sounds real good-$600 for 30 rentals...thats one piece of equipment i wouldnt mind buying out of a rental fleet...

jp, business has slowed down a bit...just the dead of summer slowdown, vacations etc...