PDA

View Full Version : Off the wall DOT question for new Ford LCF cab over

maxrep12
07-26-2007, 10:46 PM
I just purchased a new Ford LCF cab over with a GVW of 16,000. It came with a 14ft van body. It hasn't been put into service yet, no signs or equipment installed in the van body.

Anyway, several families here in MI(including our own) are heading up to the Pinery in Canada this weekend for camping. I had offered to carry a large portion of the camping gear, bikes, etc, for everyone in my new truck. Am I going to encounter problems crossing the border without a DOT number?

salopez
07-27-2007, 08:27 AM
I believe so.

If you don't have dot numbers its easy...just got to www.dot.gov and follow the prompts. DOT numbers are free! then go to a sign shop and have them make some numbers for you and your done....

razor1
07-27-2007, 09:07 AM
Nice truck. salopez is right, free dot #s, and the same number can be used on all your trucks. That size truck will need dot #s in the U.S., I don't know about Canada. Does Ford actually make that truck? It looks like an import.

BrandonV
08-11-2007, 08:45 AM
BLue diamond makes them (a joint venture between international and ford, makes these and the F650-750 and international equivalents at the same factory)

grandview (2006)
08-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Maybe if you didn't register it in the company name yet tell them it's your personal vehicle then you don't need a # I think.