PDA

View Full Version : Cat AG equipment

Fieldman12
07-27-2007, 09:38 AM
Anyone been around any of there track machines and like them? We are going to start switching some of our farms over each of the next couple years to another farmer. He runs Steiger's,Deere's, and Cat's. They just switched over a few years ago from 3-9600 Maximizer Deere combines to 2-590 Caterpillar combines. They are running 40-foot flex heads on them and can run 16-row corn heads. I watched them harvest an 80 acre field last year next to my farm and they where done in just a few hours. The combines are made for Cat by Claas. On a sad note though the guy we had farming it for the past 15 years is getting old. Im pretty mad at him because he is starting to let our land eroid and he keeps saying for the past 5 years he is going to plow it to level things back out. I have been going in with our small equipment and trying to fix what I can but it jsut dont do the same job as a 30' disk. If my buddie that I help farm did not live an hour away I would drag his stuff down here and fix it up. Anyway we feel bad about it because we have known him for so long and felt he was a friend but the past 5 or 6 years he seems to be looking out for just himself. We notice he is doing it to others also around us. he has the equiment. He has 14 tractors and three combines. What else can ya do? I told him I would even run his equipment and fix the stuff. I have run his stuff before. Now anyway that we are into it with him he claims he will till up all our farms and give us more money if we let him keep it one more year. he plowed up only one farm in 15 years. He made a mess when he did that. He plowed it up and hit it once with a field cultivator with no harrow. Anyway it's not really about the money to us. We have charged him the same rent for 15 years and we do a ton of work around hear to help him and help him on other farms but he just seems to not appreciate it. From what I hear he feels bad about it and wants to fix things but we feel its a little late and we talked to him before.

iluvscag
07-27-2007, 09:43 AM
The combines are made for Cat by Claas

Claas is no longer making the Cat combine it is now Xerion Lexion. A new parent company for Cat Ag Products. And yes we tried most of the challengers and a MT865B one word is terrible. All of their track machines tear up large amounts of dirt on the headlands of fields.:)

Dirt Digger2
07-27-2007, 07:14 PM
i've heard a few bad things about Cat ag machines...plus you would think if they were any good there would be more around

Fieldman12
07-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Hmmm, I did not read the specifices but it talks about Xerion on the Claas website.From what I gather Xerion is the tractors that Claas has now not the combines.

Here it still talks like Claas makes the combine for Cat. I know the combine is a German Claas design
http://www.claasomaha.com/NewsRoom/Index.aspx?newsid=21
http://www.claasomaha.com/CompanyProfile/index.asp
I have heard mixed things about Cat ag equipment. Seems like people either love them or hate them. Most seem to think the combine is the beast of about all brands but is very expensive. As for tractors like i said they love them the first time they try them or they hate them. Personally I would rather have a Case IH Steiger Quadtrack. I know they have been switching some of there line over to the new Deere 4x4/ They got a new 9520 last year. They are getting rid of some of the Cat tractors that where on lease. Everyone we talk to likes the farmers we are going with. They are big on tillage and taking care of the land. We dont have allot of acres but what we have we want to take care of.

iluvscag
07-27-2007, 09:59 PM
Case STX 440 Q-Trak thats what you want.

Fieldman12
07-27-2007, 10:36 PM
I rode in a STX 450 last fall. It was a beast and burned about 22 gallons per hour. They had to STX 450 and traded one of for a 480 Quad Track. They are going to add an additional 480 Quad Track to the fleet soon. My buddie has been trying to get me to come out and run one for them since i have been around that stuff all my life.

Fieldman12
07-27-2007, 10:39 PM
They have two STX 450's, 3 MX285, two MX255 and a couple smaller 100 hp Case IH for mowing around fields and bailing. They have a Case IH 8010, and two 2388 combines. They are suppose to trade one of the 2388's in to the dealer for a 8010 sometime.

Fieldman12
07-27-2007, 10:40 PM
Correction one MX 255, one STX450, and one STX480 Quad track