PDA

View Full Version : Gravely Problem On Start Up

slipping wrench
07-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Hello all, I have a problem with my Gravely ZT 2050.The last time I ran it everything worked OK,however yesterday when I went to start up the mower it startted backing up while the starter was engaged .The Gravely 2050 has a parking brake lever that must be in the park position in order for it to crank also you have to pull the hydro levers back till they click to the start position that being said it would just move backwards as the starter was applied and would not crank......First thing I did was jack the back wheels up and started the mower, it sat there running in reverse.I thought maybe some air got in the hydros but it never quit running in reverse until I moved the park lever to the foreward run mow position then the wheels worked as they should.The only way I could get it to crank and run was to bypass the park lever switch and crank it up in neutral......I would appreciate any help anyone can give me as to what went wrong.I would like for the park run lever to work as it should...I know Gravely is not a very favored mower but I am for now stuck with this one....... Thanks ....slipping wrench.....

khouse
07-28-2007, 12:16 PM
You have to put your levers in the neutral position and adjust the linkage to zero.

slipping wrench
07-29-2007, 09:16 PM
Hello and thanks for the reply,however I do not know where to adjust the linkage,The levers have two rods with a 45 degree angle about 6 inches long like turnbuckles with jam nuts to hold them in place.Is that where I adjust the linkage?? All the linkage screws are very difficult to access.I cant figure out why the linkage got out of adjustment in the first place.... Please any help willm be appreciated as to where and how to adjust the park brake back to neutral....Thanks in advance for any help.....

Restrorob
07-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Click on manuals (left hand side) then enter your model and serial number and see if you can down-load a owner's or service manual for your unit. It may be in the owner's not sure.

http://www.gravely.com/

We are no longer a Gravely dealer so I'm not sure on this unit.

Also, Most hydro units are adjusted with the drive wheels raised off the ground so you can see the neutral band.
What ever you do while adjusting, Don't let that wrench slip !

slipping wrench
07-30-2007, 02:00 PM
Hello Restrorob,Thanks for the reply .... also for your reference info ...I have a rule about working on something .... Never just guess and experiment ,I have found out by experience doing that can be costly and sometimes dangerous .I try to find out exactly what to do before proceeding and now I know I can fix it thanks to you .....I promise not to let the wrench slip if I can help it.....oops....