PDA

View Full Version : another kohler problem?

mikesrepair
07-28-2007, 01:01 PM
I have a Kohler Command Pro 25 on a Toro rider that is giving me fits! It was running poorly especially at higher rpms. I did a compression test and found a bad head gasket on one cyl.. I replaced it and it didnt help the performance much. I seems like when I get above half throttle it stumbles all over itself, i did a check on the spark advance module, and the ignition modules and they showed good. I flushed the fuel tank and cleaned out the carb.thinking maybe their was water in the fuel,but it didnt help. What am i missing? I still think it is a SAM problem but the repair manual test showed it to be ok. Is there anyone who has had this problem? Please help!

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
07-28-2007, 01:46 PM
We've been finding out lately that just cleaning the carbs won't work. If you've already took it apart and soaked it then I would recommend a new carb. Have you also checked the valves, they could also be slightly out of adjustment which would make it miss and backfire.

Bill Kapaun
07-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Did you do another compression test after replacing the gasket?

DOLMARatOS
07-28-2007, 08:57 PM
There is no Valve adjustment on Command series engines. I'd say start with a new carburetor and then look into the ignition system

This is why we always opt for the Kawasaki option.

MowerMedic77
07-28-2007, 10:53 PM
Since no engine #s are posted I can only make a guess, Does this unit have an accelerator pump on the carb?

TOOMUCHWALKING
07-30-2007, 01:26 PM
I always wind up replacing carburetors on cars and mowers.Rebuilt sucks !

kellymctampa
08-02-2007, 08:47 AM
start with changeing the spark plugs... espcially if they are champion plugs (throw them away and never go back)... i have piddled and piddled on a machine, doing all the complicated thing's, to find out, it was just the plugs....
then try unplugging the grounds on the coils and run it to see if it makes a difference... if it does.... could be the kill wire rubbed thru and grounding somewhere when the engine is reving up or killswitch, safety switch.... good luck hunting!!!

John Stiles
08-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Fire it up at night and watch for arcing sparkplug wires/boots...just a thought. ~john