PDA

View Full Version : ASV RC100 Life on Tracks?

blankenshiplawncare
07-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Can you all give me some replacement hours from your experience. I ended up buying one a couple of weeks ago. I expect to get about 500 hours with the type of work we do. Anyone getting anymore while underbrushing?

Construct'O
07-28-2007, 08:43 PM
I have been getting a magizine fromASV called Groundwork that has lots of information in it for the type of work your doing.

Had a write up on taking care of your size machine in the brush cutting business.Maybe you got it already with the purchase of your machine.Might want to check it out.
Good Luck

blankenshiplawncare
07-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Man thats sad. I am the type that does quite a bit of research before I buy anything. I never heard of that magazine. However that will be the first thing I discuss with my salesman on Monday. Thanks for the up thats what this is all about.

P.Services
07-28-2007, 09:41 PM
HOLY CRAP NICE MACHINE!!! that cutter head is worth more than the hole machine i plan on buying. sorry i cant answer your question ive only cut with steel tracks on a rayco machine

Digdeep
07-29-2007, 08:56 AM
The guys up here in around me in WI seem to be getting around 900-1200 hours out of their tracks in brush cutting applications, but it really depends on who operates and maintains the machine. One of the guys I used to do some work with focuses almost on brush cutting now, and he has over 1400 hours on his RC100 tracks, but he's also a stickler for maintenance and the way he operates his machine. Best of luck. If you have the work lined up, and get anywhere near the life he's getting out of his undercarriage you'll make some signifcant money.

janb
07-30-2007, 02:32 AM
Yeah, I would be looking at 1000hours average; especially if you stay off sharp crushed rocks, they seem to be the hardest on my tracks. (especially 3" railroad ballast)

Most of the brush work is in pretty soft soil in my area

Dirt Digger2
07-30-2007, 06:13 AM
we got 800 out of our Takeuchi tracks

BLCS
07-30-2007, 08:31 PM
i have the rc 100 with the fae head bought new in jan. 07 and i do 95% brush cutting/mulching and it is pretty severe on the tracks depending on terrain, small stumps are the worst, i have alot of nicks and some small chunks taken out of mine but i can hardly tell any wear on the lugs themselves. i believe they have a 1000 hour warranty(maybe 1200) on the tracks and when you replace the tracks your warranty starts over hourly again, granted you put the same style tracks back on. good luck

blankenshiplawncare
07-31-2007, 09:03 PM
i have the rc 100 with the fae head bought new in jan. 07 and i do 95% brush cutting/mulching and it is pretty severe on the tracks depending on terrain, small stumps are the worst, i have alot of nicks and some small chunks taken out of mine but i can hardly tell any wear on the lugs themselves. i believe they have a 1000 hour warranty(maybe 1200) on the tracks and when you replace the tracks your warranty starts over hourly again, granted you put the same style tracks back on. good luck

I agree that the things that kill them are the stumps. The GyroTrac head shaves he stump down to the ground and leaves a smooth surface. However that wears on the knifes fast. You know my delima I'm sure. Knifes on the Gyro are $1000.00 per set and last about 60-70 hours. As you know tracks are about $3000.00 per side. Anyway you shake it its an expensive machine. But when I send a bill out for the work it seems to fade away some of the pain.

Construct'O
07-31-2007, 09:56 PM
So what are you getting for your machine by the hour or do you bid everything.Do you bid by the arce, if so how much is that???????

You can check some of the old post on the forum here for info about the different brush heads.