PDA

View Full Version : Need hedge trimmer Maybe echo

S man
07-29-2007, 12:27 PM
I need a hedge trimmer soon. I'm wanting to get a hand held one and priced at $300 or lower. I'm thinking echo or redmax. Who has had experience with those two? Is the echo hc150 worth it? I don't do hedge jobs all day. I only have a few so it won't get used a lot. Which should I get?

meathead1134
07-29-2007, 12:33 PM
I need a hedge trimmer soon. I'm wanting to get a hand held one and priced at $300 or lower. I'm thinking echo or redmax. Who has had experience with those two? Is the echo hc150 worth it? I don't do hedge jobs all day. I only have a few so it won't get used a lot. Which should I get?

I do a little bit of hedge work not alot. I use the echo and have had good experience with it. I use it on a personal house and it works fine.

S man
07-29-2007, 12:35 PM
I do a little bit of hedge work not alot. I use the echo and have had good experience with it. I use it on a personal house and it works fine.

Thanks, anyone else?

S.A.L.
07-29-2007, 02:00 PM
I've got an HC150.
I use it once or twice a week now.
When I first bought it a year ago I was using it all day long for several weeks to get a neglected mall in shape, along with a few banks and other commercial and residential properties.
The cutting surfaces stay very sharp with little to no maintanence.
I rub a thin coat of motor oil across the blades before each day of use.
It is also very fuel efficient.
Starts on the first pull.
I bought it from the Big Orange Box because of their 30 day buyer's remorse return policy. I didnt want to be stuck with a product that wasn't up to my task. Needless to say...No remorse. I'll buy another when neccesary.
I'd let you borrow it, but I'll be using them these next couple of days.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

LB1234
07-29-2007, 09:08 PM
We have an echo that is a number of years old...5 maybe six. I think its an HC1500 or something like that. Two years ago we bought a kawasaki...we don't use the echo that much anymore. Easier to start, more power, easier to fill the gas, easier choke, and a few other small items. Not saying the echo is bad..heck it stills runs and runs good but we prefer the kawasaki.

S man
07-30-2007, 09:54 PM
I went today and got the hc150. Can't wait to try it two weeks from now.

mowerdave
07-30-2007, 10:26 PM
I have 2 Echo trimmers. One is 6 years old and the other is 2 years old. They both seem to be holding up just fine.

deere615
07-31-2007, 10:02 PM
good choice on the echo! I bought the same ones this year and have been happy with them so far.

fiveoboy01
07-31-2007, 10:11 PM
I picked up a Husqvarna HS375x(I think that's the number) on ebay for 169 last season.

I can't find one on there now for less than 380ish. Don't know why this guy was selling them so cheap but he had like 10 of them.

deere615
08-01-2007, 09:08 PM
I picked up a Husqvarna HS375x(I think that's the number) on ebay for 169 last season.

I can't find one on there now for less than 380ish. Don't know why this guy was selling them so cheap but he had like 10 of them.

was it new? Probably stolen. lol

fiveoboy01
08-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Well I don't know. The guy had a HUGE feedback number and had over 10 of them for sale along with a bunch of other power equipment. I think he might have been a dealer and was just selling these at cost(?) to get rid of some of them... It did come in a very plain box, but did include the manual.

deere615
08-03-2007, 01:14 PM
ya maybe you can usually trust the people with a big feedback number. Theres a guy around here that has over 5000 and I bought a tow behind leaf sweeper brand new, at half price, it was just missing a few bolts.

Matts lawn care
08-03-2007, 07:04 PM
I do a little bit of hedge work not A lot. I use the echo and have had good experience with it. I use it on a personal house and it works fine.

I will second that. i don't do much hedge trimming but when I do my echo starts right up. One annoying thing is I usually bump the off switch because of where it is located. Does anyone else do this or is it just me?

deere615
08-03-2007, 10:52 PM
I will second that. i don't do much hedge trimming but when I do my echo starts right up. One annoying thing is I usually bump the off switch because of where it is located. Does anyone else do this or is it just me?

:laugh: I do that all the time!

S man
08-03-2007, 11:19 PM
I haven't even got to use my echo hedge trimmer yet. I will have a job to do next week with it. I started it up today and it ran after one pull. Love how balanced it is. Can't wait to use it!!

Classified
08-04-2007, 12:49 AM

Yes I do that too. I would have liked that switch somewhere else because my thumb is always hitting it off.

So yeah, I have the Echo 150 and love it although I will admit it is pretty heavy. The dealer was trying to sell me a Tanaka and the thing was super light but having no experiance with Tanaka, I opted for the Echo and love it, just not the weight.