PDA

View Full Version : gp bucket vs teeth

mas
07-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Hi,

I just got a cat 262b the other day and im trying to clear the top soil back off a property about 375 feet long and im trying to push it back about 100 feet.

I put in about 4 hours using the GP bucket it came with and im getting no where the land has wild grass and weeds on it right now. I just cant seem to get under it good.

will getting a bucket with teeth make the job alot easyer?

thanks

Grn Mtn
07-29-2007, 03:24 PM
Hi,

thanks

Yes it will.

Fieldman12
07-29-2007, 03:49 PM
The general purpose bucket will dig but not that great with sod on it. With teeth it will be like a different machine. Only thing with teeth is they really like to go into the ground so be prepared to keep adjusting the bucket up and down.

AWJ Services
07-29-2007, 03:51 PM
I just got a cat 262b the other day and im trying to clear the top soil back off a property about 375 feet long and im trying to push it back about 100 feet.

I put in about 4 hours using the GP bucket it came with and im getting no where the land has wild grass and weeds on it right now. I just cant seem to get under it good.

Get a toothed bucket.
It will make all the difference.

ksss
07-29-2007, 05:28 PM
The Rezloh edge is perfect for jobs like that. Allows you to get under the work and still be able to make it look good.

RockSet N' Grade
07-29-2007, 06:13 PM
KSSS took the words right out of my mouth..........the Rezloh edge is an incredible little invention. It is like a serrated knife blade.....it beats a straight edge and it beats the heck out of teeth in a situation like this. I had the factory make the first Rezloh edge for Kubota some years back and the difference in performance will bring a smile to your face everytime you use it. They are a little pricey, I think I paid $650-$700 for mine, but worth every bloody cent.

chevydump03
07-30-2007, 12:00 AM
I put a tooth bar on my gp, and it works great. Pushed in a driveway this summer, hard ground, and it worked very well. As mentioned, you do have to adjust pitch, as once it gets ahold, it will go deep very fast. Takes a little finesse to get a smooth cut, just as using a dozer.

Gary

janb
07-30-2007, 03:20 AM
I like to use my combo 4 in 1, as a 'metered' scraper for removing accurate depth. you open it about 2-4" and adjust the bucket pitch to guage depth, cutting with the blade, and rolling the sod / material into the bucket (Just like a 'BIG BOY' scraper). You can do the same in reverse and cutting with the trailing edge of the bucket.

I use a rezloh on my combo, as it also does a good job of slicing w/o gouging if held pretty flat.

AWJ Services
07-30-2007, 07:40 AM
The Rezloh edge is perfect for jobs like that. Allows you to get under the work and still be able to make it look good.

How long does it last?

ksss
07-30-2007, 08:43 AM
I got about 2500 hours out of my last one.

AWJ Services
07-30-2007, 09:12 AM
I got about 2500 hours out of my last one.

Thats alot of hours.

My Teeth wore out by 300 hours.

janb
07-30-2007, 02:28 PM
Thats alot of hours.

My Teeth wore out by 300 hours.

Rezloh beefed the Big Skid edges to 1"thick, as they found heavy down pressure was wearing the 5/8" models too fast. As you can imagine the Skid can really put the pressure on the edge compared to a tractor / loader, especially when back dragging.

I use my now modified (to 4" spacing) industrial grapple to loosen up really tough soils. (w/imbedded rocks...) I need a scarifier for the rear of the skid.

RockSet N' Grade
07-30-2007, 10:09 PM
I just checked the hour meter on one of my rigs with rezloh.......I am pushing 985 hrs and the rezloh still looks beautimus!