PDA

View Full Version : JX75 mower

mcwlandscaping
07-31-2007, 05:15 PM
Today i got a JX75 JD and a Lesco 48" WB used. I havn't touched the lesco yet but the JD ive started taking a look at. It is VERY clean, but, i can't get the blade disengaged so i can start it. There is tension on the lever to engage and disengage it, but it doesn't actually do it....what could be the problem? I have the whole underside soaking in fluid film right now, but, what could be going on? Another quick question to go along with this mower.....is the engine shroud just held on with four fasteners used to bolt down the pull start assembly?

thanks
mike

lawnboy dan
07-31-2007, 10:48 PM
you can start these with the clutch engaged-it may be stuck from sitting. these are fantastic mowers. check blade cable to seeif its frozen up

mcwlandscaping
07-31-2007, 11:20 PM
you can start these with the clutch engaged-it may be stuck from sitting. these are fantastic mowers. check blade cable to seeif its frozen up
Do i just have to keep the bail held down if i were to do that?

lawnboy dan
08-01-2007, 07:46 AM
no -just pull the rope-it will start jusy like a reg mower

mcwlandscaping
08-01-2007, 12:42 PM
Alright, i didn't know if there was a safety of some sort in there that would keep it from starting since the blades are engaged!!! Thanks and will keep you updated on how this goes.....newest problem is the blade bolts are extremely stuck, to the point where i bent the ratchet i was using to a 90 degree angle!!

pclawncare
08-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Someone probably used an air gun to put it on and it would prob be handy to get them off but fantastic mower so i hope everything else works out good

lawnboy dan
08-01-2007, 06:52 PM
use pb blaster