PDA

View Full Version : Selecting the right Pole hedge trimmer!

gabejohn1
07-31-2007, 08:23 PM
Hello everyone,
Just like to get your professional advice on choosing a long pole hedge trimmer for my home use. I'm considering products from Stihl, Tanaka, Shindaiwa, and Echo. Any input on quality, durability, and customer service on these companies? These products are not cheap so I'd like to select the best one out there! I am open to all suggestions & comments and thank you sincerely for your time & help. :usflag:

dave k
07-31-2007, 08:47 PM
I just purchased a Tanaka last year and I like it alot.

gabejohn1
07-31-2007, 09:16 PM
Thanks for your input!

carcrz
07-31-2007, 10:05 PM
I have made the switch completely to Stihl. I bought an attachment that is good to use on the shaft string trimmers, but I think it just might even work on the pole saw. For the ground work I have a regular double sided trimmer.

gabejohn1
07-31-2007, 10:22 PM
Thanks a million for your input & prolific quote!

cebe800
07-31-2007, 11:36 PM
I bought the echo this year. They are quite pricey @ $550 with tax. I am happy with the cut and really love the articulating head. The only problem is the echo lacks power compared to the stihl. My hand held stihl has a lot more power. I would not reccommend the echo. If iI could do it all over again I would buy the stihl.

gabejohn1
08-01-2007, 12:35 AM
Hey thats some good info, I really appreciate that. According to their website Echo is offering a 5 yr consumer warranty on their products. I'm not sure if its for the hedge trimmers alone or on the entire line of lawn equipment. Anyhow, thanks again... Happy yard work!