PDA

View Full Version : My brand new front tires on exmark tt keep leaking, how do I clean the bead or seal?

clydesdale
07-31-2007, 10:09 PM
I put brand new front tires on, but they keep having a slow leak. You can't hear it, but 2 days later it is flat. I debeaded and used a scotchbrite pad on one of the wheels, but that wasn't enough, it still leaks. The machine is 3 years old and has 1200 hours on it. ANy idea how to get these beads to seal? Thanks

sjessen
07-31-2007, 10:19 PM
I put brand new front tires on, but they keep having a slow leak. You can't hear it, but 2 days later it is flat. I debeaded and used a scotchbrite pad on one of the wheels, but that wasn't enough, it still leaks. The machine is 3 years old and has 1200 hours on it. ANy idea how to get these beads to seal? Thanks

You've several options. You might try using some automotive sealer and applying it to the bead of your tires. Tire shops like Goodyear, etc use it. Or you might put a sealer such as slime in the tire and see if that helps. And you might install a tube which should take care of the problem

If I could make a suggeston: next time buy the new style semi-pneumaticwheel and tire assemblies from Exmark. You will never have to worry about a flat front tire again.

clydesdale
08-01-2007, 06:45 AM
what do you mean by an automotive sealer, fix a flat, or like an rtv? Does someone make a bead sealer? Thanks

MowerMedic77
08-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Yes they make bead sealer, black sticky tar like substance in a can most good automotive parts stores carry it, customers have told me they use grease in a pinch cannot verify how well this will work for you though.

pugs
08-01-2007, 03:52 PM
We use a wire wheel on a 4-5" grinder. Clean the rims with that. Apply bead sealer, put the tire on...they dont leak.

John Stiles
08-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Fill them with water.....you can put together a female garden hose connection with an air hose, and fill them very easily. We have numerous hunters that use riding mowers to cut trails and mow foodplots and there are thorns....but with water, they seem to be good to go....even if they leak down slightly, they never come off the rim. I have all 4 tires on my yard tractor full of water for near 25 years and never had a flat!~john