PDA

View Full Version : Weeding estimate

Keith P
08-01-2007, 10:34 AM
What would you guys charge to take out weeds in a 6' x 74' area. Do you kill the weeds first then pull or just pull what you can then spray the remaining weeds? There are existing shrubs and flowers in the area. I will be putting down 4 cy of mulch afterwards.

boats47
08-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Kill the weeds first and follow the re-entry time before pulling them out and charge a standard gardner rate for the weed removal and a separate price for the spraying. That is if you have an applicators lisc, which I sure you do otherwise you would not be asking about spraying. Big thing is to know your operating costs including materials and go from there, becareful though there is always someone else willing to do it cheaper. With that being said it is all how you present the plan of attack.

Green Boys LawnCare
08-02-2007, 07:30 PM
I'd spray the weeds and then come back in a week and put the new mulch right on top of the dead weeds. Why waste time pulling them if they aren't going to show anyway? If they are tall, cut the dead weeds down with a weed eater before applying the mulch. You can also put weed mat right over the dead weeds. I normally add a product called weed impede to roundup and spray. The weed impede is a pre-emergent that can be tank mixed with roundup. The roundup kills existing weeds, and the weed impede keeps new weeds from germinating.

ON-THE-GREEN LANDSCAPING
08-05-2007, 11:30 PM
I want to know .I dont spray anything yet but!!!!! if you can as a home owner spray stuff you buy from like lows are home depot why cant you spray the same stuff on someones yard with out haveing to have a applicators lisc??????? Like i said i'm new in the lawn business ....

dKoester
08-05-2007, 11:51 PM
Polution and health risk. Improperly discarding leftover material instead of proper disposal. Some people don't even read the label before using such products.

LB1234
08-06-2007, 09:14 AM
I want to know .I dont spray anything yet but!!!!! if you can as a home owner spray stuff you buy from like lows are home depot why cant you spray the same stuff on someones yard with out haveing to have a applicators lisc??????? Like i said i'm new in the lawn business ....

Stupidity and payup payup payup

ON-THE-GREEN LANDSCAPING
08-06-2007, 10:30 AM
Yeah i know that ...........Hell thats like catfish bait it has to say do not eat this if your human because some dumn ass would get hungry and try it .....LOL. Hell the goverment has to get payed on every thing. So geting your lisc hard?????? I'm in texas i dont what you have to do to get it. But ill be looking it up. Iv just been pulling or ill use a small tiller then clean it out