PDA

View Full Version : another kohler problem

mikesrepair
08-01-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm back from a long weekend, unfortunately my problem is still here waiting for me. Thanks for the replys guys. On the compression test, yes I checked it again it was at 130psi just a few psi less than the other cyl. The model# for it is CH25s spec #68695 ser.#320661133. and yes there is an accelerator pump. I'm curious why it would need a new carb at 55hrs. I also found out some new info on the case the owner said his problem started when he ran out of gas and it never ran the same , he said it blew a 20 amp fuse under the seat at the same time, don't know how that ties together (if it does)? Also when I checked the oil I found it had at least two extra qts. in the crank case. I know thats not good, but does it factor into the problem?

Bill Kapaun
08-01-2007, 01:56 PM
A leaking needle/seat in the carb allows gasoline to run through, into the cylinders and on into the crankcase. Smell the oil and you'll recognize the odor!

mikesrepair
08-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the reply Bill, no fuel in oil. I think the owner just overfilled to another set of marks on dip stick.(don't ask me!!!).