PDA

View Full Version : Intec 26 HP

rickmurphy
08-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Has anyone heard of problems with new Briggs & Stratton Intec 26 HP ?

khouse
08-02-2007, 11:55 PM
I haven't heard anything bad. I worked a mower with an Intec engine. Well I replaced all the spindles. Anyway under the test drive I found the engine to be smooth and responsive.

Restrorob
08-03-2007, 07:50 AM
I haven't seen/heard anything bad either.....

rainman14624
08-03-2007, 12:30 PM
I can't vouch for longevity, but I've got a Scag Freedom Z with the 26 ELS with 15 hours and it's been trouble-free (knock on wood). Hasn't consumed a drop of oil and is strong. The bahia in my yard can't choke it down, and that's saying something.
BTW Restrorob, was cutting across from Daytona to Ocala last week, driving along the Ocala National Forest and spotted a mature black bear trying to cross the road. I've seen plenty of bear tracks, but that's the first live one I've laid eyes on. Been talking about it ever since.

Restrorob
08-03-2007, 01:01 PM
BTW Restrorob, was cutting across from Daytona to Ocala last week, driving along the Ocala National Forest and spotted a mature black bear trying to cross the road. I've seen plenty of bear tracks, but that's the first live one I've laid eyes on. Been talking about it ever since.

Yep, There's still quite a few roaming around in there. A friend has a camp in there and the last time I visited I seen two, Ocala is only a hour away from where I'm at......