PDA

View Full Version : kolher 20 command motor

LawnInOrder
08-02-2007, 12:34 PM
my partner had a new motor put into his asphalt roller last year before we became partners. This year the machine wouldn;t start. I looked it over and found that wires were burnt up and fuses blown. I repaired the wiring and put new fuses in. The machine started up but after 30 secs or so the volatge would drop to the lowest part on the guage and then stall out 2-3 secs after that. Then teh voltage would return to 12-13 volts and i could restart tyhe engine. My question is: Wwhat is causing the voltage to drop. let me know thanks LawnInOrder

Bill Kapaun
08-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Is this a horizontal shaft?
Does the charging system have a regulator or is it the 3 amp system with a separate lighting coil?

LawnInOrder
08-02-2007, 06:26 PM
horitzontal shaft but i don;t know if it a 3 amp system with a separate lighting coil or regualtor.I will post back asap.

LawnInOrder
08-03-2007, 11:01 AM
it doesn't have lights but i think it a 3amp charging system. let me know what you gusy think. IF I need to order parts i gutta order them today cuz i need the machine on monday. thanks LawnInOrder

Bill Kapaun
08-03-2007, 01:36 PM
IF it's the 3AMP system, there should be a BLACK wire coming from the alternator, going to the ign switch with an in line diode connector. This connector should also have a YELLOW lead coming out of it that would be for the lights (AC only).
I would suspect the diode is either defective or that wire is shorting out.
You didn't use the Yellow wire to charge did you?

IF it's NOT the 3 amp system. the engine should have a Voltage regulator with 3 wires. 2 wires should be coming from the alternator to the VR and there should be a VIOLET (possibly RED?) wire coming from the center terminal of the VR, going to the battery+ stud on the solenoid.