PDA

View Full Version : My first Techo Bloc project

Woodland
08-02-2007, 09:18 PM
I just finished up my first paver project using Techo Matthis slabs with Pietra edgers. Turned out real well. I was generally happy with the product, especially the edgers but it did seem as though there was quite a bit of salt residue on the pavers, more so than with Belgard. Anyone else notice this, or was it just because of the size of the pavers (16x16)?

PlatinumLandCon
08-02-2007, 09:52 PM
post some pics

Grn Mtn
08-02-2007, 10:37 PM
nothing to back this up but I think it has to do with being an extremely dense product. they just pack more into a brick so more has to leach out.

Woodland
08-03-2007, 08:04 AM
Most sealer mfg. recommend waiting 60 - 90 days before cleaning and sealing pavers. Should I wait longer with Techo to allow more salts to surface?

I'll post some pics this evening.

Grn Mtn
08-03-2007, 08:54 AM
Techo bloc is warrentied for life even if you use salt for deicing, at my Techo seminar this spring I went to they said sealing is not neccessary. If you ever have any questions about their product save the pallet info sheet for each pallet used, that way they know the who what when and where about what product of theirs your talking about.

Dreams To Designs
08-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Woodland, why would you want to seal the paving stones. You are creating maintenance for a non-maintenance product. Other than reapplying sand or polymeric sand every few years, your installation should need nothing more from you.

Kirk

Woodland
08-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Woodland, why would you want to seal the paving stones. You are creating maintenance for a non-maintenance product. Other than reapplying sand or polymeric sand every few years, your installation should need nothing more from you.

I am use to using Belgard products and some generics made by my local distributor where sealing is often recommended as a way to prevent staining and such. Plus, it is a good add on service if its necessary. As this is my first experience with Techo, it is beginning to sound like this is a better product than many of the others available. If sealing isn't necessary and I wont gain anything from it, then it sounds like that might be a selling point to use with my customers.

Grn Mtn
08-03-2007, 06:16 PM
... If sealing isn't necessary and I wont gain anything from it, then it sounds like that might be a selling point to use with my customers.

Since I deice and plow snow in winter it is a major reason I push Techo.

Dreams To Designs
08-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Kevin, for added sales, sealing is a great thing along with a cleaning, but it just isn't necessary, unless your client likes that shiny look. When using a polymeric sand, sealing is just an extra.

Kirk

Woodland
08-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Here are the pics I promised...Please don't mind the red mulch, not my choice. On the second picture, the deck is being redone and there will be a set of stairs that will lead down to that landing, as well as a ramp on the backside of the deck that will rest on the walk just around the corner.