PDA

View Full Version : Toro set up like a walker

Weedwacker
08-03-2007, 12:11 PM
I have a toro set up like the walker .you knowthe one that just Bags. The moter cranks and run fine But when engage the blades they start for 1 or 2 seconds then the moter cut off . I check there is noting under the deck or in the blower housing blocking the blades I don't know what else to check any help will be great thanks

All_Toro_4ME
08-03-2007, 12:25 PM
This probably won't help much, but I ran over a large piece of carpet buried in tall grass and shredded it under my deck and it got all tangled in the blades. Obviously killed the machine. When I started it again to engage the blades, the mower would die. Unraveled the carpet and engaged the blades and it worked fine.

Restrorob
08-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Can you post both the model and serial numbers off this unit ?

Weedwacker
08-03-2007, 09:08 PM
it is z master with bagger 74189-200000183 I have also use a jump wire on the safety switch for the bagger,seat and parking brake ,check all fuses and don't know how to check the rely switch but move them one down from where they were hoping some else would not work hoping to fix it that way I think it in the wires because I took the drive sfaft off and it moves when I turn it Please any help will be Great

Restrorob
08-04-2007, 08:56 PM
when engage the blades they start for 1 or 2 seconds then the moter cut off

In what way is the engine shutting off;

As if you turned the key switch off ?
Or
Is it bogging down to a stop ?

Weedwacker
08-04-2007, 09:03 PM
No its runs fine untill I cut the blades on then the blades start to turn for 1 or 2 seconds and the moter dies unless I am fast enough to cut the pto switch off

Restrorob
08-05-2007, 12:45 AM
Try This;

Use about a 3" 14 gage jumper wire with a male spade connector on each end. Remove the dash cover so you can get to the PTO switch plug connector. Unplug the connector and put one end of the jumper wire in the red/white wire slot, Do not let the other end touch anything.

Get in the seat and start the unit up, Set the throttle as normal to engage the deck then plug the other end of the jumper wire in the pink wire slot.

Post back what happens when this is done......

Weedwacker
08-05-2007, 11:11 AM
When I unlplug the Connectot the moter want start. I started the moter then unplug the connector it cut off thanks any way

Restrorob
08-05-2007, 09:00 PM
OK, I was looking at the wire diagram for your unit and was trying to bypass the safety switch inside the PTO switch. But after more studying I now see the safety switch in the PTO activates the starter relay.

The only thing I can suggest is checking each and every safety switch while un-plugged with a multimeter set on ohm's to SEE them opening and closing.

Seat
Park brake
Both joysticks
Bagger Hopper
Bagger Full Sensor

You also have a Interlock relay, Brake relay and neutral relay. But you stated you played musical relays and that didn't help.

If all the switches check OK you should look into the interlock diode module.