PDA

View Full Version : hustler mower maintained

tallcoopscoach
08-03-2007, 05:22 PM
i know the main things to maintain a mower... but, is there anything to especially make sure i do with my mower? i just bought it and it has 335 hours on it with a brand new clutch... the dealer put new pulleys and spindles on...

i'm hoping there's nothing that is strange to worry about on the hustler, but i also don't want to have issues...

thanks much

barnard
08-03-2007, 09:16 PM
I would get an owners manual and follow recommended service guidelines. It seems a little unusual that it would need a clutch, pulleys and spindles at that low of hours.

gene gls
08-03-2007, 09:31 PM
I would get an owners manual and follow recommended service guidelines. It seems a little unusual that it would need a clutch, pulleys and spindles at that low of hours.

Its not strange at all..........

tallcoopscoach
08-04-2007, 08:05 AM
they just replaced them for me as a convenience... the clutch was an accident... the owner ran over a mound of dirt and burnt it up accidentally.. .the others were totally necessary but he said one pully was a little loose and one spindle was a little messy so he just replaced them all for me as a nice gesture...

i just wondered if anyone with a hustler had any insights into special things to do to make them better...

barnard
08-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Its not strange at all..........

Meaning what? This is average life of these parts,or what. If so I'm on borrowed time.