PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Wall Block and Paver brands?

"Ground Control"
08-03-2007, 07:53 PM
I am looking at opening a Landscape Supply yard. I would carry mulch, topsoil, rock, and also possible a paver and srw block. As far as I know, the only block available around here is Alan Block (and the home depot crap) and I just wanted to know what everyone's favorite block and paver brand is. Any suggestions? Thanks

Captains Landscape
08-03-2007, 08:04 PM
Versa-Lok SRW & Bolduc pavers

Mike33
08-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Im not sure if i would listen to every ones opinion on brand of block. We all are going to tell you our favorite product. You will now be on the other side of the fence in sales. Yes you want quality, allan block, techo, ep henry, versa-lok, etc. are quality. But you need to be able to make money. I wouldnt duplicate what someone has close but look at the following items. Price is always a factor. Reprensation of sales rep to due seminars and how far away are they. Freight costs of getting material to your yard is critical. Finance plan of how much you can get on credit and terms. Promotion plans. All of these you wil have to look in to. Best of luck to you.
Mike

Grn Mtn
08-04-2007, 09:52 AM
first contact the manufactures and see what terms they have, maybe some of them you can't get because of territory or the price point doesn't make it worthwhile.

neversatisfiedj
08-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Hanover,Versa-lok - favorites . Ep not all ist cracked up to be IMO . Working with Nicolock now and want to try Techo

Hokie84
08-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Techo-Bloc pavers and wall, and Versi-Lok walls for more competatively priced retaining walls.

Fordsuvparts
08-04-2007, 06:43 PM
I would look at Keystone block if you want a pin system or at Anchor if you want a a rear lip, they are two different block that we are distributors for.

www.keystonewalls.com/

www.anchorwall.com/

orionkf
08-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Versa-Lok.

EgansCountryGardens
08-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Techo-bloc hands down