PDA

View Full Version : One of my new toys

grassmanvt
08-04-2007, 10:48 AM
Thought you guys might enjoy a picture or two of one of my favorite new toys. Had a bit of a shopping spree this week. This is a 2002 Cat 311 cu with a blade and hydraulic thumb.

grassmanvt
08-04-2007, 10:49 AM
another one

ksss
08-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Good looking machine. Appears to be in great shape. How many hours on it? Probably going to want to get a coupler. We change buckets and attachments all the time.

grassmanvt
08-04-2007, 10:55 AM
About 4600 hours but starts runs and drives like a new one. The guy I bought it from had just serviced it, and the bottom was very recently replaced, Its probably 95% or better so the expensive maintenance should be done for a while.

srl28
08-04-2007, 10:56 AM
If you dont mind my asking, how much did you pay for it? What else did you get!

grassmanvt
08-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Not sure if I want to divulge what I paid yet as I might try to resell it. I think I got a heck of a deal. If you really want to know pm me and I'll tell you. As far as other stuff, about a month back I bought a Daewoo 130lc-v, this week, bought a cat 302.5 mini,a new PJ 7 ton tilt trailer, an older JD 490d excavator, and from a landscaper that is going to close his business I picked up a like new hay chopper, a skid steer mount b-hoe, a like new harley rake,(3) sets of pallet forks, a skid mount york rake, a hydraulic skid mount post auger, a walk behind sweeper, a tooth bucket, and some other miscellaneous stuff. Also traded a sled I had for an atv this week. Been hectic to say the least. Now, I just need to sort through what I don't need and sell of the surplus items! Money is getting tight!!!

Scag48
08-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Nice looking 311. I'm sure the blade comes in handy at times. How do you like the "east coast" style thumb? The reason I call them that is that I've never seen one here and it seems like all the machines I see for sale with that style thumb is being sold in the eastern part of the US. I guess they get the job done, but a PSM, HPF or CWS is the preferred thumb here in the PNW.

Gravel Rat
08-04-2007, 10:58 PM
It looks like its a manual thumb converted to hydraulic. Also the machine looks like its not a gray market Cat I don't see Rega on it.

grassmanvt
08-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Nice looking 311. I'm sure the blade comes in handy at times. How do you like the "east coast" style thumb? The reason I call them that is that I've never seen one here and it seems like all the machines I see for sale with that style thumb is being sold in the eastern part of the US. I guess they get the job done, but a PSM, HPF or CWS is the preferred thumb here in the PNW.

Thanks for the comments. Your right, the thumb doesn't look like anything stellar but, going from no thumb to having a hydraulic was a step up anyway but, to my surprise, the very little I have run it, I have had no problem grabbing anything I wanted ranging from a large slab of granite to a small 6 or so inch diameter rock, so long story short, I'm pretty pleased with the thumb. The blade is very handy when used appropriately, its no dozer but works very good to quickly clean up a rough spot and if your on a hill or an uneven section of ground its very handy to use as a stabilizer or to change the angle your trying to dig at.

grassmanvt
08-04-2007, 11:03 PM
It looks like its a manual thumb converted to hydraulic. Also the machine looks like its not a gray market Cat I don't see Rega on it.

Nope, everything is in English, believe it came from Milton cat originaly, the local chain here. But, can't say anything too bad about gray iron, I've had good luck with it. Not sure if its a converted man thumb, didn't look real close but, works pretty darn good.

Fieldman12
08-04-2007, 11:39 PM
That is a sharp looking track hoe. Looks like someone gave it good care. A thumb is definitely handy.