PDA

View Full Version : Cab Lights and Toolbox

DeepMudRancher
08-05-2007, 12:31 AM
Just bought an 87 f-250 single cab...... and i am lookin for a black crossover toolbox, where could i find one for CHEAP?

also, where can i get cab lights for the top? And how would you run the wiring for it if there is no headliner?

LindblomRJ
08-05-2007, 06:27 AM
TSC or other store for tool box.

twj721
08-05-2007, 09:50 AM
cab light on roof with no head liner would be a feat but being young and loving a challange it can be done but you will have to drill holes in roof and pull wire then you have to worry about water leaks .For a tool box look in want ads or ebay or craigslist other places . Good luck and happy drilling :laugh:

Sydenstricker Landscaping
08-05-2007, 11:59 AM
My truck had no cab marker lights either. I got a set from advance auto for 25 bucks and installed them. It takes alot of precise measuring and setting, and even more double checking, if you want them to look nice and straight. I did mine in an hour and a half. There are no leaks what so ever from them. Good luck either way!! I will agree with Tractor Supply for the truck box

stroker51
08-05-2007, 09:21 PM
You can get a cheap box if you want/is all you can afford. I bought a Delta aluminum box for my '84 Ford when i was a sophomore in high school cuz it was cheap, like $100 or so cheaper than the weather guard. This thing is falling apart now, and the Weather guard i bought used from a home builder that I have on my Powerstroke is like brand new. I'd either spend the money on a good new box, or look for a used one. A buddy of mine bought a black weather guard treadplate box used for $100, and it don't look used. The cab lights are easy, we did this on my '84 several years ago, got the $15 kit at the farm store, lay them out, drill your holes, and i think we pulled all the wires to the left a pillar, tied em to one, then ran that one to the fuse block. But that was in '04, I really don't remember for sure how we did it, no leaks though.