PDA

View Full Version : trailer gate capacity

mcwlandscaping
08-05-2007, 03:41 PM
I was wondering how i can find out, or if someone knew the trailer ramp capacity on my trailer. It is a single gate w/ spring assist but has the large HD equipment ramps built into the ramp. What can this ramp take for weight on it?

thanks
mike

FearThisDeere
08-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Probably as much as the gorss weight you can put on the trailer. Just a guess. You might want to contact the manufacturer or look it up on their website.

mike lane lawn care
08-05-2007, 05:42 PM
i know on all my trailers, the max weight that the ramp can take is 80% of the trailers GVWR. like the ramp on my 2000 lb trailer is rated for 1600 lbs. and the ramps for my 10,000 lb trailer are rated for 8,000 lbs at one time.

grassmanak
08-05-2007, 06:20 PM
i know on all my trailers, the max weight that the ramp can take is 80% of the trailers GVWR. like the ramp on my 2000 lb trailer is rated for 1600 lbs. and the ramps for my 10,000 lb trailer are rated for 8,000 lbs at one time.

id like to see you roll 8000lbs up the ramp, most ramps are very over rated, you may want to lay some boards down also if your trying to load something heavy, i have seen my fair share of loaders sitting on bent ramps

mike lane lawn care
08-05-2007, 07:17 PM
id like to see you roll 8000lbs up the ramp, most ramps are very over rated, you may want to lay some boards down also if your trying to load something heavy, i have seen my fair share of loaders sitting on bent ramps

well, that's probably true, i don't like loading a 1500 lb sub compact tractor onto the small trailer, cuz it bends the gate. but the only time i have ever loaded something that heavy on the big trailer was the mini bulldozer, and it went on fine without bending the ramps, but i did think it was gonna lift the back of the F-250 is was using off the ground.