PDA

View Full Version : Park on my lawn, please

americanlawn
08-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Several times a year, my local fire dept has nice events going on. What I hate is......Why do people have to park ON my lawn? (especially since it's a "no parking zone"). I have a two-acre lawn that I take pride in, but that never stops people from driving their vehicles on it.

Anybody else have this prob?:confused:

DSLND
08-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Thats a nice yard! I wish i could keep my six acres that nice!!!

I had a similar situation, i service a property that is near the golf course, the club house buts right up to the guy's property. Well there was a golf tournament last week, and here i am mowing, and this guy pulls up in a Ford Expedition, and parks the WHOLE car in the yard. Now most of the time, people will maybe put the two front wheels of their car on the yard, BUT THE WHOLE VEHICLE! I just mowed around it, couldnt do anything else. -Mitch-

FearThisDeere
08-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Nice yard! I have the same problem only my next door neighbor always has these 400+ person parties (about 8 a year). All his guests park on my lawn, park on and block my private road, park in my barn parking lot, and let their kids (around the age of 4) run through my 10 stall horse barn unattended. I found one kid trapped in a horse's paddock by herself and the horse was rearing. Needless to say I'm putting a stop to this. I needed to get an 18 wheeler down my road during their last party and had to have them move 40 some odd cars. I told my neighbors (who I obviously don't get along with) that if this happens one more time, I'm having my buddy who owns a large towing service come over and remove all the cars off my property. These neighbors still owe me almost $400 for snow plowing!:realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

tthomass
08-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Nice yard! I have the same problem only my next door neighbor always has these 400+ person parties (about 8 a year). All his guests park on my lawn, park on and block my private road, park in my barn parking lot, and let their kids (around the age of 4) run through my 10 stall horse barn unattended. I found one kid trapped in a horse's paddock by herself and the horse was rearing. Needless to say I'm putting a stop to this. I needed to get an 18 wheeler down my road during their last party and had to have them move 40 some odd cars. I told my neighbors (who I obviously don't get along with) that if this happens one more time, I'm having my buddy who owns a large towing service come over and remove all the cars off my property. These neighbors still owe me almost $400 for snow plowing!:realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

$400.....call the tow company! haha Reminded me of a buddy in college. He ahd $500 cash stolen during a house party.....stupid of him. Guy that stole always ran when confronted so he decided he'd just make him spend it. Three sets of tires later! Overboard but funny.:laugh:

americanlawn
08-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Thanks guys, I figured I was not "in the wrong". "Dream Cut" --- Peoria is a very beautiful city! "Fear This Deere" -- that's all I run brother (JD's). I hope more will repond to this post, as it happens all too often. It's one of my "pet peaves". As it is also probably your's.

Bigred350
08-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Are talking about the cars parked on the side of the road on the shoulder? If so then they have all the rights they want to park there. That ditch is owned by the state and they can park there. You can put all the signs up you want but until the city puts a sign up they can park there.

Your local laws my be different but thats how it is around here.

carcrz
08-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Put cones during events so they can't park there.

Supper Grassy
08-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Put cones during events so they can't park there.

That would do it (if they dont steal them), or have all of you cars / trucks parked there and all of your friends

mkwl
08-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Put rocks along the road edge, or better yet, put in belgian block curbing! :usflag:

DBL
08-05-2007, 10:07 PM
private property...call a tow truck

NNJLandman
08-05-2007, 10:21 PM
cut the grass and blast the side of the cars

Lawn Enforcer
08-05-2007, 10:25 PM
We live on the end of the block, and we have a field behind our house, so there is a gravel stub street next to our house. Well, another lawn service from the next town (whom I think very lowly of) drove down the street and turned around and the wheels went about a yard onto our lawn and it was wet, so it left some small ruts in the lawn. We we got sick of folks doing this, so we fixed the problem by putting these old railroad ties down as a curb. We were going to get regular curbing through the city, but we would need to pay for half of it, which was going to be like $700+ so this was a lot cheaper. $8 per tie, so we need to put some more dirt on one side of it and get some grass growing.

Matts lawn care
08-05-2007, 11:48 PM
One idea would be to put boulders (2ft tall) up and down the lawn but that may look ugly.

HBLandscaping
08-06-2007, 12:16 AM
As a firefighter I have seen this many times at FD functions. What we do to help limit this problem is run fire line tape along side both sides of the road. We string the fireline type about 3 or so ft off the road so there is just enough room to park but people arent all out in the neighbors yard. Best suggestion is to meet with the Fire Chief or Fire dept rep and see if you can work something out so that people wont keep parking in you r yard.

jce4isu
08-06-2007, 12:53 AM
i used to live about a mile from there i just moved about 3 months ago is that car lot still on the corner??? I was going to rent that dump but he wanted to much money

Several times a year, my local fire dept has nice events going on. What I hate is......Why do people have to park ON my lawn? (especially since it's a "no parking zone"). I have a two-acre lawn that I take pride in, but that never stops people from driving their vehicles on it.

Capemay Eagle
08-06-2007, 12:30 PM
I had a house off a state road years ago. The problem is that the state actually owns 30ft in off the road. They would even come buy and mow it. It did not bother me because that is just how it is, I really never did take care of that property very much because I knew I was only going to stay there a few years. Are you for sure that you own that bit of land, or is it state owned. Should look into to it..

wahlturfcare
08-07-2007, 09:45 AM
American, is that up by 2nd ave? since the cars are parked illegally, have them towed and ticketed. polk county sheriffs are good on enforcing that, especially near a fire department and parking on both sides like that.

scholzee
08-07-2007, 03:20 PM

Well maybe if you did not have a street light on your property they would not park there LOL.

mike lane lawn care
08-07-2007, 06:55 PM
i put logs about 24" long from a tree that i cut up, and placed them about every 4 feet when our rude neighbors had a huge tag sale. and the only space on our street to park is on our front lawn, cuz we're the only ones who don't have unruly bushes growing out front.

South Florida Lawns
08-07-2007, 10:18 PM
or you cold have some fun yourself, by taking your truck with a chain/strap lock her in 4low and yank them suckers to the middle of the road or to the other side.

I have done this a few times when people block the front of my shop and I cant get in.

DLCS
08-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Looks like the state right of way to me. if thats the case then you are sol.

Budget
08-08-2007, 11:27 AM
If i pay taxes on that property then i own it. I would turn part of that into a pay and park with posted signs that say tow away at owners expense. Either they stray away or you are runnig a pay and park.

KTO Enterprises
09-06-2007, 03:54 PM
In most locales your property starts 30 feet from the centerline of the roadway.

This usually takes you to the center of the ditch, This is called right of way.

EagleLandscape
09-08-2007, 04:15 AM
it all depends, i n dallas the city has a 12 ft easement.

first, look at the survey to your property, and see where your land stops.

second, check local regs per what your towing rights are. in texas, you have to have signs posted everywhere, and they have to be visible from any spot where someone could illegally park.

if they violate the posted signs, tow their butts.

Sharp Services
09-09-2007, 05:48 AM
My nieghbor likes to drive across my yard to get to his mailbox. We have 5 acres and he seems to take short cuts across my lawn. Last year he picked up a few extra nails (out of my yard, if you can believe that) and it slowed down some. I still see him do it every now and then ... but not as much.

Nice yard you have!

KTO Enterprises
09-09-2007, 11:27 AM
My nieghbor likes to drive across my yard to get to his mailbox. We have 5 acres and he seems to take short cuts across my lawn. Last year he picked up a few extra nails (out of my yard, if you can believe that) and it slowed down some. I still see him do it every now and then ... but not as much.

Nice yard you have!

Now thats how we handle things in South Carolina.