PDA

View Full Version : Rock Carpet...Anybody ever use?

2006Silverado
08-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Just wondering if anybody here has ever used this product called Rock Carpet.
http://www.rockcarpet.com/

Going to a dealer demo on it tomorrow, looking for any opinions on it...positive, negative...from anybody who's installed it, and any feedback you may have ever gotten from customers.

2006Silverado
08-07-2007, 09:42 AM
WOW...nobody???

lawnMaster5000
08-07-2007, 09:52 PM
i think that may be the same thing as what some people are having done around here.

Is that the top-coating of pebbles glued to an existing surface?

If it is, I am not a big fan. It does fade, does stain, and after about 3-5years will start to fall apart. The little rocks will come unglued and will go everywhere.

I am sure you dont have snow there, but it is a huge problem on snow drives b/c the snow never melts and you cant use ice melters.

2006Silverado
08-11-2007, 07:57 PM
i think that may be the same thing as what some people are having done around here.

Is that the top-coating of pebbles glued to an existing surface?

If it is, I am not a big fan. It does fade, does stain, and after about 3-5years will start to fall apart. The little rocks will come unglued and will go everywhere.

I am sure you dont have snow there, but it is a huge problem on snow drives b/c the snow never melts and you cant use ice melters.

You strip down to the sub-floor, then mix these pebbles w/an epoxy and apply it. I haven't heard anything yet about it falling apart. You do have to maintain it every so often...

I watched it installed, it looks awesome, seems like it would be a huge seller, but just seems like I'm missing something here...It's like pulling teeth trying to get any info/feedback on it. Makes me wonder...but still have yet to find any type of 'gotchas'...

JimLewis
08-12-2007, 03:39 AM
I have seen that type of product twice in all my years. One time was earlier this year. It was around a swimming pool in a very nice area close by. It had obviously been there for years. But it wasn't coming up, and it didn't appear to be stained at all. I could tell it had been there for years because it didn't look new. But it looked cool as heck. I even asked the owner who did it for him, and he said it was there when he bought the place.

If it can handle the Oregon rain and moss I'd have to say it's good stuff. I really liked it. It was nice to walk on and it left me wishing I knew someone who installed it so I could use them as a subcontractor.

lawnMaster5000
08-13-2007, 09:22 PM
I suppose my poor experiences could either be with a different product or a poor installer. I know on two of the sites, the homeowners stated the company is no longer in business.