PDA

View Full Version : Truck bed tool box and transfer tank

GroundScapesIncorporated
08-06-2007, 12:49 PM
I am looking at getting a new toolbox and diesel transfer tank for my truck bed and can not seem to find a set up I like. Any one have a set up they think really looks clean and neat and are really happy with.
Pictures would be very much apprecieated.

The box and tank will be going in the back of my 06 chevy 2500hd long bed.
I

B. L. Landscaping
08-06-2007, 08:43 PM
I have a delta tool box and then an L shaped 110 gallon tank painted white. Northern tool has a combo aluminum toolbox and tank combo. What ever you choose I think the best way to wire it up is power cord from battery along frame into bed with an outlet to plug into this way you dont have to open up the hood and run cables to power your pump.

dixhead
08-08-2007, 04:11 AM
I do heavy construction work, so I need a big tank....we use UWS TT-100 tanks. They have much deeper boxes than using a seperate L-tank and tool box. I used to have a weatherguard tool box and it was a better tool box, but as far as maximizing fuel storage/tool storage, the UWS model is the best I've seen. It will require having a long-bed truck(if you have a conventional bed).

ChampionLS
08-10-2007, 04:33 PM
We use a 100 gallon tank that looks like a big treasure chest. It's white with 4 lifting eyelets - 1 on each corner. I think it's made by fill-rite. Had it for 20 years. Works great! We use it for diesel fuel

Mike33
08-12-2007, 09:48 PM
Im screwed i have a 6' bed and with my tool box i can only use a 55 gal. tank. When i had long bed i had a 105 tank but it wouldnt fit because the wheel wells wouldnt allow tool box than.
Mike

IA_James
08-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Handy Mfg. makes a 30 and a 55 (or so) gallon, low profile one. Fits in between the rails of your bed, and is low enough to clear a 5th wheel or goose neck trailer.

http://www.handyindustries.com/shop/subdepartment_view.asp?D=2&S=6

zedosix
08-19-2007, 01:10 PM
Handy Mfg. makes a 30 and a 55 (or so) gallon, low profile one. Fits in between the rails of your bed, and is low enough to clear a 5th wheel or goose neck trailer.

http://www.handyindustries.com/shop/subdepartment_view.asp?D=2&S=6

That is an auxillary fuel tank, I think he is looking for a fuel transfer tank, to fill his backhoe, skidsteer etc.

paponte
08-20-2007, 06:53 AM
I have a 110 gal L tank, with a shorty tool box on top of it. I sprayed the tank and my headache rack with rhino liner to match the bed, and the toolbox is diamond plate.