PDA

View Full Version : PB-200 running rich

Gator610
08-06-2007, 07:48 PM
I have an Echo PB-200 hand held blower. I bought it used and worked well for quite sometime. It has started running rich intermittently and progressed to were it runs rich all the time now. The plug is a darker brown and not wet with fuel, The exhaust port is not plugged up with carbon, and I install a coil from an engine that runs correctly and it did not help. I believe its running rich because when it begins to run out of fuel it starts to run at full power. I donít really understand how the carburetor works on that type of engine, it has a needle jet with a red top that limits adjustment.
Any suggestion?
Thanks in advance

John Stiles
08-06-2007, 10:00 PM
I have an Echo PB-200 hand held blower. I bought it used and worked well for quite sometime. It has started running rich intermittently and progressed to were it runs rich all the time now. The plug is a darker brown and not wet with fuel, The exhaust port is not plugged up with carbon, and I install a coil from an engine that runs correctly and it did not help. I believe its running rich because when it begins to run out of fuel it starts to run at full power. I don’t really understand how the carburetor works on that type of engine, it has a needle jet with a red top that limits adjustment.
Any suggestion?
Thanks in advance

Is there a "vent in the tank lid? or does the tank have a duckbill vent to allow air into the tank as fuel is pulled out? When these engines starve for fuel they will typically speed up!~john >>>>Pay special attention to your fuel mixture!