PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki fuel problems

The mayor
08-07-2007, 11:32 AM
My 25hp kawasaki engine will at times suck down a whole tank of gas in about 3 hours, at other times I can run all day on a tank of gas. I get gas at the same station all the time. Any reason for this.

Restrorob
08-07-2007, 12:16 PM
The higher/thicker the grass the more load on the engine the more fuel it will burn ?

Mark in MD
08-12-2007, 08:49 AM
I've found that if your air filter is clogged, it will go through tons of gas real fast.

Eric D
08-12-2007, 11:19 AM
My 25hp kawasaki engine will at times suck down a whole tank of gas in about 3 hours, at other times I can run all day on a tank of gas. I get gas at the same station all the time. Any reason for this.

Mayor,

I'm sure everyone one loves questions like your as well as I do.:dizzy: How can anyone give you a suggestion without knowing what your 25HP Kawasaki is on? Is this engine on a lawn cutting machine or an aircraft? Does this accure every other time you use it or over months? What year and how many hours on the engine? Does the engine run normal or rough when you experence the fuel use change? Any coworkers :hammerhead: that like to play with your mind by removing fuel now and then?

If it is on lawn cutting equipment things like blades that need sharpening, switching from high lift from low lift blades, etc...can cause a change in fuel use.

Confused,

Eric D

lawnmaniac883
08-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Just one side or both side's tanks? Care to explain how much fuel in gallons is being burned in 3 hours? Sounds about right to me anyway.