PDA

View Full Version : Help with new product for me Drexel

skinnydogz
08-07-2007, 08:39 PM
I have a chance to use Drexel Carbaryl 4L , I have read the specs on it and just curious if any of you have used it and what you found it most effective use for....I was planning on using it as a general spray for Chiggers, Ticks, Ants, etc. as an outside product on lawns.....thanks for any help

DSTC
08-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Sounds like a Drexel made Sevin to me. We use the Bayer Sevin 4L, and it should be pretty much exactly the same thing. Good control on Chinch, and has a decent (maybe 60 days?) residual effect. I haven't ever used it on ants, as we use TopChoice for ants and I think that product can't be beaten. I just wish that we could get a liquid or wsp product with the same A.I. (fipronil) for turf and ornamental.

With that being said, I'd suggest always rotating your products for insect control on the same property, in order to reduce resistances. We currently rotate Talstar, Sevin, and Dylox for most insect applications(mostly chinch on St Augustine). Then again, some things work better on some little critters than other do. You can usually always find at least one alternative chemical that works just as well as another. And by rotating I mean using a different chemical class. Carbamates, Pyrethroids, Organophosphates etc.

p.s. - what is the Drexel costing you for a 2.5, or by the gallon? Sevin is running me about $75 for 2.5 and I'm always looking to save some $$$$$$ :)