PDA

View Full Version : hydro failure

mike lane lawn care
08-08-2007, 05:04 PM
so, with 102.7 hrs on my mower the freaking tranny goes. i was climbing a hill, not even a steep one, and my mower ground to a halt, and the hydro system made a metalic grinding noise. i shut it down and proceeded to push all 1100 lbs of mower back to the trailer and up the ramp. i took it to my dealer because it is under warranty, but the earliest they could get it in was sometime late next week. so i went to the other simplicity dealer about 30 miles away, and they can get it in tomorrow, and give me a loaner ZTR mower while it is being fixed. my question is, i like the people i bought my tractor from, they are honest and have had great support, but the other dealer whom i've never dealt with, can get it in a lot sooner. would you wait to get it fixed by the known dealer, or take it to the other one?

John Stiles
08-08-2007, 06:28 PM
It should be what is convenient for you, not the dealer...they in fact should direct you to the other guy, in your best interest! TJMHO~john

Restrorob
08-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Sounds like a no brainer, Take it to the one that can get it in and out the quickest and a loaner !!!. After a few times you will see how good they are and how they really care about the commercial users.

It makes no difference if a commercial user bought their unit from us. Soon as they drive in the gate I stop what I'm doing and get right on theirs, Unless I'm on another commercial unit then they have to wait till I get that one out.

I have guys driving up to 60 miles passing dealers along the way to bring their unit to us, We kind of pride ourself on true customer service.

A happy commercial customer is a returning commercial customer......

mike lane lawn care
08-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Sounds like a no brainer, Take it to the one that can get it in and out the quickest and a loaner !!!. After a few times you will see how good they are and how they really care about the commercial users.

It makes no difference if a commercial user bought their unit from us. Soon as they drive in the gate I stop what I'm doing and get right on theirs, Unless I'm on another commercial unit then they have to wait till I get that one out.

I have guys driving up to 60 miles passing dealers along the way to bring their unit to us, We kind of pride ourself on true customer service.

well, i took it up to them, and they did tell me it would be a warranty repair, and that it would be fixed by tuesday afternoon. in the meantime, they gave me a 2007 scag turf tiger diesel ZTR. that thing is freaking awsome, mowed 2 days worth of lawns in 6 hours!!!!! i finished tomorows route today, so i will have a nice long weekend.

KS_Grasscutter
08-09-2007, 06:51 PM
well, i took it up to them, and they did tell me it would be a warranty repair, and that it would be fixed by tuesday afternoon. in the meantime, they gave me a 2007 scag turf tiger diesel ZTR. that thing is freaking awsome, mowed 2 days worth of lawns in 6 hours!!!!! i finished tomorows route today, so i will have a nice long weekend.

Maybe that's your sign that a ZTR might be worth it since it saves you so much time? Fix the Simplicity then trade it on a ZTR?

DLCS
08-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Not only did the "other" dealer get your mower in quicker but they probably just sold you a new mower. I'm sure thats why he gave you a ztr instead of a lawn tractor as a demo, oops i mean loaner.;)

Restrorob
08-09-2007, 08:55 PM
mowed 2 days worth of lawns in 6 hours!!!!!

Now let's not go getting carried away and start nit-picking that tractor so you can go get that ZTR :laugh:

Eric D
08-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Mike,

A business is a business and if you plan on staying in it you have to do what is best for you and your business. That includes moving your point of service for your equipment. It is nice to have some place close that will feel your service needs, but if they are to busy to take care of you move to someplace that can. It seems to me that the new place would really like your business to give you a loaner to keep ya working.

Best of luck,

Eric D

DJL50
08-11-2007, 11:09 PM
I get a kick reading about how people has to wait a week or two for repairs. Around here it takes 3 weeks for a repair in the dead of winter. 4 to 6 in the summer is standard. two years ago I waited 9 weeks for a repair.

fixer67
08-11-2007, 11:35 PM

Same here. We have one commercial customer that drive 90 miles one way. And a few more that drive 30 plus miles passing other dealers just to get to us.

John Stiles
08-12-2007, 07:44 PM
What'd I do, say a bad word?

DOLMARatOS
08-12-2007, 08:53 PM
I think I did too.

Note to self, stick to the topic at hand.

John Stiles
08-13-2007, 11:07 AM
I think I did too.

Note to self, stick to the topic at hand.

*trucewhiteflag*