PDA

View Full Version : 'Get stoned'

tthomass
08-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Thats the saying, or the old one I should say, for one of the local stone yards. Here's a recent install........I wanted to demo the walk, all in time, all in time.

DoetschOutdoor
08-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Looks good as usual with your work. But whats up with the edging in the middle?

How'd you get so much experience doing all these dif. types of work being young?

tthomass
08-10-2007, 10:32 PM
That was a spot that settled in their yard. Probably something decomposing or whatever from the builder years back. We added soil and today stopped by to put sod down.............speaking of sod, they are really hurt'n here with limited irrigation, drought really hurts that industry and the nurseries.

Experience......grew up on a beef farm so there is a lot of it (process and common sense + my folks:hammerhead: ), went to VT and got learned, interned at TruGreen and learned 'landcare' vs 'landscape', worked for two high end companies in the area for 2 1/2yrs.....got my license, truck and trailer. At this point my employeers suppliers knew who I was and now were my suppliers (support line). Disgusted with age discrimination and when my managers knew less then me......went out on my own. Oh yeah, I was told I was stupid to do my own too:rolleyes:

I want to make sure its understood my parents had a lot to do with it. NOT financially but a solid up-bringing (rare it seems, these days anyway). All loans where mine and hard work to pay them which was not a problem going back to the 'farm'.

tthomass
08-10-2007, 10:54 PM
Once the perennials break into bloom I'll prob take some more pictures for the website to come and to post up.